• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone tried Castle X gear?

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
I'm looking at buying a pair of new pants and have narrowed it down to the castle x surge pants and the klim freeride pant. I like the fact that they have pads in the knees that are removable and I like the style. I know klim makes awesome gear but my roommate already has the freeride pants so I'd like something different if possible. Anybody ever use castle gear and/or the surge pants? They don't have dealers in WA state so I can't just run down and check them out. The cost difference isn't really a factor either.

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
I can't really speak for Castle X products besides their gloves which I hated because they were too thick and I didn't have a good feel for the bars.

I have Klim Free Ride Pants and they work awesome I have never had any problems with them and Klim's customer service is amazing!!

If you are getting the pants in black I would get the Klim for sure, but I see that the Castle X come in a different colors, so if your getting them for the color, then they look like they would work fine and keep you warm for the most part!!

Good Luck,

Ryan

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I have Castle Fuel pants that are 4 years old and have held up great, they are to warm for all but the coldest days as the fuel is insulated but they are great pants. When it is warmer I wear the freeride pants.

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
Castle X isn't on the same level as Klim. In fact far from it. My first trip out west I was using Castle X coat and pants, and was soaking wet at the end of everyday. By the second year I upgraded to Klim, and will never look back.

Castle X is good for trail riding here in flatland country, but that's about it!

Being dry is more important than worrying about if you and your buddy look the same, IMO.

C
Feb 28, 2011
yup

Capnkirk has got it right, dead on. I had a whole castle switch suit, and went out west with it once. By the end of the day I was wet and cold. It was a combo of sweat and the coat itself soaking up water from the snow. Their stuff just doesnt work in the mtns, or any intense riding I feel like. In fact when the ditch banging is real good here in iowa I'll still come home soaked to the core. I went with Motorfist this year, and I dont think I'll be dissapointed.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
We sell both, and they are not even comparable like others have spoke about. We have had multiple people not happy for one reason or another. Yes they offer color options, but if you are looking for something to wear day in and day out that you will be super stoked with in WA, probably look elsewhere. If it were our dollar, and we were looking for something different than a typical black pant, I would suggest taking a look at these. They have removable suspenders so they are pants or bibs, and have been super popular for us. Plus they have a great warranty, and some cool color options.

FXR MISSION NON_INSULATED PANT

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Any forum discounts? :) Also you might want to update the description so it doesn't say 2011-2012 pant. Just a suggestion buyers notice.

Thank you for noticing that! Unfortunately we do not offer advertised discounts on Klim Gear, because it is illegal to advertise a discount. Completely against MAP policy, and that is one of the best selling pants we have. We will sell out of them again this year.

We hope that our customer service and dedication to the industry speaks volumes and earns your business. We also ship for free, so that would save you some money over other companies as well. Let me know if you need anything else, the definition is being changes as we speak. I assure you the pant is still current.

Premium Features