• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trygstad 872

T

Trigger223

Mar 16, 2011
I don't know. I never talked to them. Dave mentioned it. I'm trying to figure mine out with the parts I have.

Team Industries will be doing more testing on 872R and 872 Etech as soon as conditions allow, Tied is a new product and has a narrower window for tuning, My personal like and as most others choose is TSS04 version, I will have complete kits available for our packages, @ discounted prices,
Dave @ Trygstad Motorsports,

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Definately keep us posted on the clutching kits Dave.....to have the much smooth power and torque and not get it to the snow is nothing but a rotten shame !!!!

One of the things that I have not done but needs to be done is a floating secondary....I believe Doo Doctor has the fix for this, but I am not sure of that.

kneebar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2010
What kind gear ratios are you guys running? I just got my 872 today, and was wondering gear ratios. I have a 174x3 track and with the stock 800R have 19/49 gears with 7 tooth drivers. It seemed like the right gearing, but with the increased power of the 872, I'm thinking 20/49 or 21/49. Any suggestions?

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
kneebar said:
What kind gear ratios are you guys running? I just got my 872 today, and was wondering gear ratios. I have a 174x3 track and with the stock 800R have 19/49 gears with 7 tooth drivers. It seemed like the right gearing, but with the increased power of the 872, I'm thinking 20/49 or 21/49. Any suggestions?
i ran 2.50 last year with my 162×3 running 2.57 this year i'm running belt drive though with shorter track i'd try it first tell rings seat i ran 19/49 8 tooth on my 174 when i had it

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

K
Nov 5, 2008
Central Utah
I'm in Love!!

Put my 872 on the snow for the first time last weekend and I am in love! For the past three years I have rode straight Turbos because I love the power, but I couldn't be more excited about this winter.

This 872 is a torque monster!! Thank you Dave for such a Bad A$# motor! :flame::flame::flame:

T

Trigger223

Mar 16, 2011

Put my 872 on the snow for the first time last weekend and I am in love! For the past three years I have rode straight Turbos because I love the power, but I couldn't be more excited about this winter.

This 872 is a torque monster!! Thank you Dave for such a Bad A$# motor! :flame::flame::flame:

Keep in mind that this engine package will get much better after the break in period, I know its hard, but engine needs aprox 150 easy miles to reach its full
potential, We assemble with specific tolerances and coatings for break in, Do not be afraid of putting more fuel in these kits, And always maintain 1 size larger main jet @ 560 Pto-540Mag for referance,

Dave Trygstad

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
I'm running 580/600 mains with my 872 and i ride 6-8k most of the time sometimes higher my'n loves the fuel watched track speed pickup every jet size i went up, all i know is you wont be let down Listen to Dave and you'll have an animal under your hands nothing funnier then having guys ask what turbo kit you have and you throw the side panel open and there sets a can priceless :face-icon-small-coo

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
I'm running 580/600 mains with my 872 and i ride 6-8k most of the time sometimes higher my'n loves the fuel watched track speed pickup every jet size i went up, all i know is you wont be let down Listen to Dave and you'll have an animal under your hands nothing funnier then having guys ask what turbo kit you have and you throw the side panel open and there sets a can priceless :face-icon-small-coo

Or when you are kicking the crap out of a couple other big bores and turbos in Shidou, and I tell them you've got a really well clutched stock 800.

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
Or when you are kicking the crap out of a couple other big bores and turbos in Shidou, and I tell them you've got a really well clutched stock 800.

forgot about that haha that was priceless :face-icon-small-hap

this is what happens when you sneak a bigbore in over summer and dont tell your buddy whats up swrev thought i just rebuilt my 800 that went down and I never let him think any different and he kept telling me man that sled is ripping today three or four times then we droped into a hole with 3 or 4' of fresh pow and all the bigbores are taking stabs at the hill and not making it the old 872 first pull goes 3/4 of the way strait and side hills over the top then i come back to the bottom and a kid on an 860 with belt drive asks what bigbore i had and swrev tells him it is an 800 with clutching thought that kid was going to cry:photo: well had to go to top of hill with swrev and tell him it was a Trygstad 872 after that :yo:

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
I havent told any one what Im doing ,all they know is that I am having some work done on my crank shaft! hopefully the deep snow come soon!or my first ride might be revy or brandy wine

Premium Features