• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 XM weight drop

Y

Yamahog

Feb 13, 2011
Washington state
I only had my 2012 std RMK for 215 miles before i totaled it, before that i had 3 Ski Doo Revs, I could give two sh*ts what brand Im on, Im looking for the sled that has the best chances of making it off the mountain day in and day out without crinkling the tunnel or having the engine blow up. I Beat the crap out of my sleds, I do alot of jumping and riding in the trees. What ever sled I get there will be no motor work done to it i would like to keep the warranty good, I never had a problem with the power of the RMK, Im not usually pointed going straight up hill anyway, usually Im workin a sidehill or picking my way through the trees uphill. Im still torn both sleds have there +'s and -'s.

Same here!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
ive seen the pro climb some pretty high hills, high as some big bore xps were going. All i know is a xp with that track makes them float like no other, they could pull up beside me with me trenched stuck and stop, do a couple circles and tug me out......

ApeSh*tBananas

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2008
Conway
You Must of Flunked Math Fred

well if your a jumper, do the freeride, they got the best shocks and are built heavier for that type of rider, also have the etec motor, poo motor is like a gamble, some good some not, there fit and finsh looks a bit lame as well, they will be alot lighter than the free ride, but only about 20lbs less than the xm full of fluids

2013 Summit X 800R E-TEC
Official dry weight
206 kg / 454 lb (146 in)
211 kg / 464 lb (154 in)
215 kg / 472 lb (163 in)

2013 Freeride 146 / 154 800R E-TEC
Official dry weight
220 kg / 485 lb (146 in)
222 kg / 489 lb (154 in)

2013 800 Pro RMK 155
Official Dry Weight (pounds/kg) 417 / 189.1
47lb's less

2013 800 RMK Assault 155
Official Dry Weight (pounds/kg) 435 / 197.3
54lb's less

I wont be buying the free-ride that's for sure thats more than my 2007 XRS weighed, Im not all that concerned with the weight difference, but fred you got start sharing what ever your smoking, that must be some good sh*t, 2+2=9:face-icon-small-win

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
2013 Summit X 800R E-TEC
Official dry weight
206 kg / 454 lb (146 in)
211 kg / 464 lb (154 in)
215 kg / 472 lb (163 in)

2013 Freeride 146 / 154 800R E-TEC
Official dry weight
220 kg / 485 lb (146 in)
222 kg / 489 lb (154 in)

2013 800 Pro RMK 155
Official Dry Weight (pounds/kg) 417 / 189.1
47lb's less

2013 800 RMK Assault 155
Official Dry Weight (pounds/kg) 435 / 197.3
54lb's less

I wont be buying the free-ride that's for sure thats more than my 2007 XRS weighed, Im not all that concerned with the weight difference, but fred you got start sharing what ever your smoking, that must be some good sh*t, 2+2=9:face-icon-small-win

That doesnt account for the Canadian exchange rate.

A xm will be easy to get within 35 lbs of the pro (dry). Then if you look at things like carrying fuel or not and the amount of snow the chassis carry the weight gets closer.....if a guy wants to count those things. I think its realistic that a pro carries at least 5lbs of wet Wa snow over the powdercoated doo tunnel. It seems to cling to the pro like a magnet.
Suddenly the sleds are within 16 lbs if the pro carries 2 gallon of fuel to have the range of the etec....even that might not be enough some days.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
The poo has a lightweight can on it already, so if you take 15 lbs off the doo, (Plus 250 for the can) you are at 32lbs more..

Ace

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Easies and cheapest way to loose weight. Rider goes on a diet not the sled.
In collage my roommate could never figure out how I could beat him off the line I was 150 lbs and he was 230.

offtrail

Lifetime Membership
Yeah What this guy said!!! ^^^^^^^! Arent we bout done beating on the weight drum? Wow, heres something. And it has been said before. It would be awesome to weigh these machines on a deep powder day all full of ice and snow and see how close they are. Ive ridden both sleds and cant feel the difference in the skidoo weighing more. But whatever I guess.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
wow a ship jumper...

hope the engin holds for you, mods are what make these sleds fun, riding a stocker gets lame in the first hr, maybe you do the etec swap for the poo motor, be a rocking sled then and call it a dopo

doo's motors are not perfect either, recall on all 11 800 etecs? i will say they are at least are fixing the issue. they have also had plenty of issues on the older 800 motors with cranks and rings.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
You doo guys crack me up in 08 when the xp was lite you were all crazy about the weight number. Now when poo is lighter by alot the weight thing is over rated and I can do mods and be the same as the poo.

I rode both 12 xp and 12 pro back to back and you can feel the weight when jumping and landing and when they are stuck. I have seen the guys I ride with be able to ride and xp really good I can't, and I gave it a honest try. In deep snow I can ride an xp all right but setup snow I struggle. Now I know that the xm will ride different and will try it next year, but you can not denie what polaris had done it will take you thousands of dollars in aftermarket parts to get your xp/xm to stock poo weight. Plus you still can do the same after market stuff to the polaris and loose weight.
Ride what you like but lets be real about the weight thing and as far as the gas thing goes my poo was within .5 of a gallon everyday that I rode with etecs.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
You doo guys crack me up in 08 when the xp was lite you were all crazy about the weight number.

I have an 08...after replacing the nun a few times, I will take a heavier, better built sled

Plus you still can do the same after market stuff to the polaris and loose weight.

The pro comes with a lightweight can, (Kudos for them to do so, btw), and I don't know what you can do to make it lighter without some MAJOR money...

Ace

S

sketch96

Dec 23, 2011
The hps can on the pro shaves 7 pds for $325 right off the bat. Second how many guys carry a spare fuel can all day long! We get to where we want to play and drop our fuel and dont come back till the end of the day to top up for the ride back to the truck. I also have always been within a half gallon of fuel compared to the 3 etecs I ride with! Very impressed with the fuel and oil consumption of the pro. I put a decal kit on my tunnel and dont see the snow buildup being any worse than the doo's. The decal kit was $125.

As far as the doo feeling as light as the pro......when the sled is moving its all about the castor angle built into the spindles. Try picking one up from the back then the front and then tell me you dont feel the difference. The pro sidehills and holds a line way better than the doo xp.

The power difference is what gets me. Flatland drag race...the cat and doo have more power and will pull ahead, but when it comes to deep snow and pulling a hill or sidehill they do not show any power difference at all. I can run right beside them if not slightly ahead going up. The pro just sits on top of the deep snow better and does not want to trench.

Just what I have seen here and I am the only pro in my group of etecs and 2012 m800's.

S

sketch96

Dec 23, 2011
And I am also 60 to 80 pds heavier than the rest of the guys I ride with!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The hps can on the pro shaves 7 pds for $325 right off the bat. Second how many guys carry a spare fuel can all day long! We get to where we want to play and drop our fuel and dont come back till the end of the day to top up for the ride back to the truck. I also have always been within a half gallon of fuel compared to the 3 etecs I ride with! Very impressed with the fuel and oil consumption of the pro. I put a decal kit on my tunnel and dont see the snow buildup being any worse than the doo's. The decal kit was $125.

As far as the doo feeling as light as the pro......when the sled is moving its all about the castor angle built into the spindles. Try picking one up from the back then the front and then tell me you dont feel the difference. The pro sidehills and holds a line way better than the doo xp.

The power difference is what gets me. Flatland drag race...the cat and doo have more power and will pull ahead, but when it comes to deep snow and pulling a hill or sidehill they do not show any power difference at all. I can run right beside them if not slightly ahead going up. The pro just sits on top of the deep snow better and does not want to trench.

Just what I have seen here and I am the only pro in my group of etecs and 2012 m800's.

You're seeing the same thing I've seen....but come on, let us Doo guys have a little glory. Just a little. :face-icon-small-win

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
I bought a full set of Fox Evol X shocks for my 2012 with the Tom's rear arm. The skid dropped 12 full pounds. I got an amazing ride upgrade and the usual $100 per pound weight loss for free. The front shocks dropped 6 pounds total off the front of my Freeride too. So that is 18lbs. I am definitely doing the pipe and can 14lbs, Fox shocks(prolly only 15lbs off the XM, shocks are lighter than on the Freeride), foam and plastic etc 4lbs, belt drive 6lbs(gonna be pissed when they do that for the 2014 snowcheck, and titanium front end 8lbs and titanium bolt kit 5lbs. That is 53 pounds for about $5500. Going to leave the engine stone stock and add back 10lbs for e start with a lightweight Shorai battery. That sled should be 500lbs ready to ride, going to be a great year.

You're gonna spend $5500 on lightweight parts and add 10lbs for e-start? Especially on a motor that starts first pull every time.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Edgey I fill from an electric pump that measures to the tenth of a gallon. Every single time we ride the Pro it is using a minimum of 20% more fuel, sometimes as much as 30%. Done it at least 7-8 times and the result is always the same. I never haul gas when I ride with Pros Same day, same conditions it is substantial. I do the same with fuel . Ride it in, fill it up and dump the can, then fill again and bring the empty can out. I would bet anybody $500 that we ride together until the Pro runs out of gas and my ETEC will have at least 2 gal in it and it holds a little less than a Pro. Just to make it honest we switch sleds for the whole day so no sand bagging. Any takers?
Anyone who thinks they can feel 25 lbs on a 500lb machine with a 200 lb rider and 50lbs of snow stuck to it has a way better weight sensor than me. I bet I could put 25lbs of lead on someones sled and they would never feel a thing.
I love the E start. I have broken my back, separated my right shoulder and 13 years of football left me with a neck that is a house of cards. Yanking on that rope does me no good at all. 6pm on the ride back or a stuck fest day the e start is priceless.
The money I will spend on mods is not just for weight loss. I really like the sound and power bump of the full SLP pipe/can set up. I also love my Fox air shocks. Right there is half the 50lbs and most of the money. Weight loss is only a bonus there.
sketch, I call BS on you. You are 80lbs heavier than a guy on an ETEC and you pull him on hills? No way, no freaking way. The Pro is lighter and puts the power to the snow well, the ETEC has more power and track. I will give you equal, or even slightly better all other things being equal. But 80lbs and you win. BS.

Premium Features