• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What brand for 2013?

What brand for 2013?

• 2013 Ski Doo

Votes: 229 29.7%
  • 2013 Polaris

Votes: 293 38.0%
  • 2013 Arctic Cat

Votes: 46 6.0%
  • Ill keep my current sled

Votes: 152 19.7%
  • Need to demo ride first

Votes: 52 6.7%

• Total voters
D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Are you Japanese? Last I checked Yamaha was Asian, very far from Canada or the US.

FYI, Doesn't Poo send alot of it's crap to Mexico to be assembled? How's that American? Just asking.

Yeah.... that wasn't a serious post if you couldn't tell. I was just laughing at him trying to say buying a Polaris is bad for the country... while he is riding a sled made in another country. (That's why I said Yamaha - they are made elsewhere so buying from them must be good for my own country, right?)

Poo is / was an American company, although like many American companies they have moved parts of the company away from America. All motors are made in America. (I know there was talk of moving that, but as of right now they are still being made in America) Their headquarters are in America and they have 2 other plants in America. They build their motorcycles in Iowa I believe and they also still have a plant in Minnesota. I'm not denying they have moved parts of the company, but they definitely still have American ties.

S

snowdog12

Nov 2, 2010
Rock Springs, WY
Wow, that just took me a long time to get through all that. As of now I ride a Yamaha Apex (06). Sled now has 3K on it. The snowmobile club that I belong to has a mix of Doo's and Poo's. At this point I am lookin at a 2012 Doo. The new sleds coming out now have not been "tested" by everyone. We all have our own opinions but mine would be how light is too light? At some point there are going to failures that engineers did not notice. Coming from a Yamaha, I look foreward to just getting on a lighter sled. If you are worried about 20lbs. go on a diet.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
There are some trail sleds that put on way more than 10K, when I sold my 08 XP 163 it had just over 8500 miles(mostly mountain) on the chassis, original chain, 4th motor.

I could live with 5000 mile belt life, but not 2000.

Wow I can't believe you just can't live with changing a belt every 2000 miles but you seem completely ok with putting in an engine every 2125 miles. unreal...

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
It's a Canadian product, being built by Canadians. Not BS outsourcing.

An "American" product being assembled in Mexico where they make $5 a day to build a sled, ATV, side by side, whatever that sells for 14k plus.

I don't care. If it is not MADE IN THE USA, the money is being spent somewhere else. It doesn't matter if it is a Canadian, Mexican, Russian, or Australian. Not in the USA is not in the USA. The money is going elsewhere, Canada is not better than Mexico. BTW, American made can technically be Made in Mexico, since Mexico is North "America". :face-icon-small-win

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Wow I can't believe you just can't live with changing a belt every 2000 miles but you seem completely ok with putting in an engine every 2125 miles. unreal...

Exactly what I thought. Everyone will tell you to replace a chain around 2,000 miles as well. I have no problem replacing some parts at that mileage. Haters are gonna hate.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
I don't care. If it is not MADE IN THE USA, the money is being spent somewhere else. It doesn't matter if it is a Canadian, Mexican, Russian, or Australian. Not in the USA is not in the USA. The money is going elsewhere, Canada is not better than Mexico. BTW, American made can technically be Made in Mexico, since Mexico is North "America". :face-icon-small-win

Quick geography lesson: Canada is the top part of North America.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.

If your dealer is selling a Canadian product.......his profit is staying in America. And because it is such a good product, he will sell more.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
I really have to wonder how many POO scam posts are on here. I have never seen so many POO riders come here to scam the DOO thread. Are you guys for real????? Go ride your POO. I guess if you set on the new 2013 DOO in the parking lot and don't like it.... You are the expert...

M

McTwist700

Dec 2, 2010
Whitehorse Yukon

Our economies are so tied together it doesn't matter anymore. Look at 08 for example it was a domino effect on economies all around the world. If buying american meant buying american then other countries would have not failed as bad. I should be mad at the U.S. for dragging down the Canadian economy but in a global world it is the cost of doing business with other countries, they take a hit and everyone takes a hit to some extent ergo its understandable.

Or how about this after the economic world imploded in 08 the U.S. told the country to buy american to not even allow canadian companies to bid on american contracts from a municipal level up to a federal level. When Canada took the same action because the U.S. did it to us we got chastised. Now whilst I dont agree with NAFTA it is still in place and it does go against the agreement but Canada has always got the short end of the stick with that agreement. Am I bitching? Not at all I understand how it works and live with it knowing that it has its good and bad.

But hey this is a sledding forum not a politics forum but the closed mindedness of the "buy american" statement when it comes to global economics is silly to have when each country cant support itself anymore without other countries buying and selling good from each other.

P

PaulWatt

Jan 15, 2008

hahaha. Umm, yeah, Canada is a lot better than Mexico. We're not a narco-state, and we have pretty good labour standards. We've also shown up for a lot of US wars, and have stood shoulder to shoulder with you guys. So yeah, Canada is a lot f---ing better than Mexico.

H

HARLEYFERGUSON

Feb 10, 2012
hahaha. Umm, yeah, Canada is a lot better than Mexico. We're not a narco-state, and we have pretty good labour standards. We've also shown up for a lot of US wars, and have stood shoulder to shoulder with you guys. So yeah, Canada is a lot f---ing better than Mexico.

Well said, eh!

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I joined this Forum for enjoyment and to learn. I have never thought less of anyone on here because of where they come from or what they ride. There are some very smart, funny and interesting people on here. We are all the same, we are people. We share a passion that brings us together. Though I have not met many on here, I concider many as friends. There are no borders on here, just family. Sledders!

There is only one thing in life that is important...trust. If I have your trust, I will stand beside you. If I don't...........

S

Stang84g

Nov 26, 2007

An "American" product being assembled in Mexico where they make $5 a day to build a sled, ATV, side by side, whatever that sells for 14k plus.

This is funny. BPR built a vehicle assembly plant in Mexico several years before Polaris did. You guys should get down off your soap box and check your facts first.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009

At lest 90% of EVERYTHING you own regardless of where it was ASSEMBLED is mostly comprised of components that come from Mexico, China, India, or Malaysia. Especially electrical components.

Its a fact of life guys, might as well light everything you own on fire and make all your own stuff with your own hands with trees you cut down in your yard. There are VERY VERY few products now days that are 100 percent American made.

S

Summit 800

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs
I rode an 2013 Skidoo XM on Saturday and really liked it. I will likely be snow checking one, or if my son gets his way it will be two. He also liked it. :face-icon-small-ton

S

Sloan96

Dec 5, 2011
Bro and I Purchased 2 Doo X's, 2012', a 163(mine) and 154, from Steamboat Powersports last month. Love em both! No prob's with any type of riding. Pulls over easy to carve in deep stuff. As for power, I find myself smiling with excitement every time I hammer it! Love my Doo!

Premium Features