• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860 big bore kit

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
The Ported SHR860R with bored carbs/new vforce is pretty solid combo...its what I run...other options available...been stage 69 FULL PORTING 860's since 2007...honestly, I have gone too far...so if I can OVER port one..........:face-icon-small-win-BJ

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
does anyone have any input on the 860 big bore kit. Buddy was thinking of doing this to his sled since he was going to do the upper end anyway, pros and cons is it worth the money. Love some input thanks

hard not to notice a pattern here on these post.Anyone else?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
wow...some of you guys are slipping...nobody noticed my new porting spec...stage 69 ?? -LOL-BJ

We've decided to try and clean this thread up a little bit. Way too much talk about BJ, pull and go, and now 69 is in the mix :face-icon-small-ton

Is there any truth to what I've heard about your dancing partner/new avalanche airbag that surfaced at Haydays? Someone has to have a picture.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
wow...some of you guys are slipping...nobody noticed my new porting spec...stage 69 ?? -LOL-BJ

I was afraid to ask,Thought it was some flipped around backwards cameltoe porting

Last edited:

revx827

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2009
floatingqrs.com
The Ported SHR860R with bored carbs/new vforce is pretty solid combo...its what I run...other options available...been stage 69 FULL PORTING 860's since 2007...honestly, I have gone too far...so if I can OVER port one..........:face-icon-small-win-BJ

How is the carb boring working on the flats? Taper bored? What size?
Who does it? Dynoport? How much $$?
Thanks

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
BJ has always been more the fair and I have never felt taken advantage of by SHR. I've gotten 3000 + miles out of my motor per season with my SHR 860 for the last 2 years.

Any big bore that can hold up to the abuse of 3000 hard mtn miles day in and day out is worth every penny. I've ridden almost every set up for a doo out there and always glad I went with a SHR with rooster built clutching.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
So SHR makes his own rings and does the plating now.........

Yes I DOO...I make everything...cast my own pistons...rechrome cylinders (us chrome is just a front)even refine the fuel everyone uses...SHR is a world wide corporation that is responsible for everything and everybody...I even invented the internet...:boxing:

Honestly...the 3 biggest concerns of mine after each kit leaves my shop (everyone is mocked up on a motor and all clearances verified BEFORE boxed/shipped) are the customers mechanical abilities, cylinder prep and actual octane of fuel used (?)...not counting possible ECM issues, EX valve relays, water temp senders, condition of clutches/clutching etc...:face-icon-small-hap

So heres the dealio...of the few that had issues I have bent over backwards to help/fix...either on my dime or at the cost of parts...and the other 95+% that are happy customers proves I dont sell JUNK...especially since my JUNK runs highmark for highmark with every PG turbo sled I have run against...:face-icon-small-sho-BJ

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
How is the carb boring working on the flats? Taper bored? What size?
Who does it? Dynoport? How much $$?
Thanks

I have Rich bore the carbs to 42mm...$295 shipped...the JUNK BBores lose 26 hp adding bored carbs:face-icon-small-win...I dont have any jet specs for them:face-icon-small-win...didnt run them on my own sled all last winter:face-icon-small-win...just a gimmick to take more of your money:face-icon-small-win...

As for the blow up doll back pack...that wasnt me..it Jimbo at Thunderstruck...he is my brother from diff mother ya know...LOL-BJ

Honestly...after TJ proves hes right :faint:...call me for specific details...

R

rev_rider800

Jan 23, 2011
minneapols mn
wow! way to "take the high road" there BJ! I can't wait to try the bored carbs out this year in pair with the SHR860, it is going to be a blast!

That is awesome that SHR has gone world wide, I guess I was under the impression that Al Gore was the inventer of the internet, thank you for setting me straight!

Back to what this thread is all about, I am happy to be in that top 95%+ of happy customers, you have always done right by me and everyone I have spoken to. There are "tuners" and there are "tools"....like water in oil, they separate themselves. With that being said, nothing but praise to you BJ. You package a fine product and like I've said time and time again and will continue to say, you're service is SECOND TO NONE!

Props to you BJ, and many thanks!

Chase,
SHR 860R, 42mm carbs, SHR clutching

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
my dad has a shr860 runs great pulls hard never had a problem and i ride with swrev on here and his really runs hard was putting the herting on a pump gas turbo in lincoln mt last year as well as all other xp's shr860's work just go with it and quit asking haha

Premium Features