• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO-RMK -vs- XP ETEC 800 head to head

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
C
Nov 23, 2009
I have them both, about 3 years ago I bought a new 2011 polaris snow pro and a 2011 summit etec. I have been riding both at the same time since, wow its hard but I can do it. The snow pro handles better on the right hand turns and the etec hndles better on the left hand turns. The only difference I found was that the other sled would side hill better than the other one, just cant remember which one!!!!!!

Give me a minute and I will get it all figured out. I definatly know that the snow pro went way better in the steep and deep but in the high altitude with the snow going over the windshield the etec was better.
Now when it comes to eating belts the snow pro was way better it didnt eat any, I kind of think its because I didnt feed it any. Warning to etec owners, dont feed your sled belts, they cost money.

Now, from my profectional point of view. If ya want to know the difference between the two sleds just go and buy one of each. Its really not that expensive, Heck its only money.

Now to the performace mods, I did a test on both sleds. NITRO METHANE INJECTION, yep you guessed it, pooping in the air box. Its really simple, Grab a bowl of chili the night before the ride and hang on.

USER ALTERT, Dont try this at home, do it at the lodge, the lodge has insurance that more than likley will cover unexpected disasters. Take the air box off, lower your pants and push like a mofo. The sno pro has a very broad spectrum on improvemets so it will eat this mod up like no other. On the other hand the etec will reject the mod and simply throw it down the mountain to be re-gurgetated by the sno pro, then the process starts all over again. Its been a long time in the testing proccess but we finally have in narrowed down.

I NEED ANOTHER BEER :focus::banplease:

HENCE, Long live the etec.

Classic! Thanks for the laugh, Bro!

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
I have them both, about 3 years ago I bought a new 2011 polaris snow pro and a 2011 summit etec. I have been riding both at the same time since, wow its hard but I can do it. The snow pro handles better on the right hand turns and the etec hndles better on the left hand turns. The only difference I found was that the other sled would side hill better than the other one, just cant remember which one!!!!!!

Give me a minute and I will get it all figured out. I definatly know that the snow pro went way better in the steep and deep but in the high altitude with the snow going over the windshield the etec was better.
Now when it comes to eating belts the snow pro was way better it didnt eat any, I kind of think its because I didnt feed it any. Warning to etec owners, dont feed your sled belts, they cost money.

Now, from my profectional point of view. If ya want to know the difference between the two sleds just go and buy one of each. Its really not that expensive, Heck its only money.

Now to the performace mods, I did a test on both sleds. NITRO METHANE INJECTION, yep you guessed it, pooping in the air box. Its really simple, Grab a bowl of chili the night before the ride and hang on.

USER ALTERT, Dont try this at home, do it at the lodge, the lodge has insurance that more than likley will cover unexpected disasters. Take the air box off, lower your pants and push like a mofo. The sno pro has a very broad spectrum on improvemets so it will eat this mod up like no other. On the other hand the etec will reject the mod and simply throw it down the mountain to be re-gurgetated by the sno pro, then the process starts all over again. Its been a long time in the testing proccess but we finally have in narrowed down.

I NEED ANOTHER BEER :focus::banplease:

HENCE, Long live the etec.

There's 30 seconds of my life waisted! :blah::blah::blah:

stephenr_65

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Henefer, Ut
I know a guy who bought a new pro and a new ski-doo not the e-tec though he says the pro will walk all over the ski-doo and is a much funner sled to ride i have not witnessed but dont think he would be lying as he owns both sleds

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
Just got back from our first ride of the season. We had my e tec and my buddies new pro ride. It was the first time out for both sleds. I hate to say it but his pro straight up beat me on the drag. We were riding in about 2 1/2 feet of pow. It was pretty close off the line for about the first 20 feet then he took off and I didn't have a chance. Hopefully after break ins are all finished it'll be a closer race. We will still have to wait for steep and deep..

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
I think Polaris has done a better job of building a true mtn sled without all the extra stuff, like plastics, hoses etc. cluttering up the engine compartment.

I'm just wondering what Polaris uses for gas, oil, etc. Would like no hoses under the hood.:face-icon-small-win

Just kidding...

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
my stock 09 xp went 50 feet higher on the hill than a pro yesterday.not very impressed with the pro in highmark department.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
no video person.mine aint a etec so it doeant really matter.09 xp"s weigh the same with more hp.not a fare comparison anyway.:)

S

SuperBad

Banned
Oct 31, 2010
its called super tuner. you got horse power with clutching,,,,,,,,,Later b!tch!!!!!

You been sniff'n those paint fumes to hard again. People are reporting that the Po has the power to beat down a Doo and you guys are already backpedaling! Whatever...

Premium Features