• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest Magazine goes FULLY DIGITAL ONLINE!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I thought this was some pretty cool use of technology myself.

When we see something of interest in the magazine, now you can open the digital copy, and reference the URL right to the specific page/article.

Might be good for discussions when they have articles that catch everyone's attention.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
It's nice to have a magazine to read on the couch but if it's free and people don't subscribe to it, why would you ever subscribe to it when you can pull it up here on the net? I will still subscribe because I won't take my desktop on trips:eek: but it seems to me like people won't have to subscribe to see the mag, oh well it's not money out of my pocket

B
Jun 25, 2009
inkom, id
It's nice to have a magazine to read on the couch but if it's free and people don't subscribe to it, why would you ever subscribe to it when you can pull it up here on the net? I will still subscribe because I won't take my desktop on trips:eek: but it seems to me like people won't have to subscribe to see the mag, oh well it's not money out of my pocket

i agree with you why would they do that? but im definetly not complaining

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Cost of the paper, shipping, printing. They make money from ads, not your subscription. This is probably a file conversion of their in house mag editing software. Probably doesn't cost much to do, and ad revenues may go up. Probably a smart business decision.

A
May 5, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
I remember the first time I ever picked up the magazine, or at least the sled that was on the front cover. It was a purple polaris indy. lol I think it was like 1983 or 1984. I was in our high school library, bored and there it was a snowmobile magazine. wow I guess I am getting old. lol Anyway wish I would gat a magazine every month.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Nice idea, no sitting and waiting for it to come, buy it form the gas station, then MAYBE get the magazine a week or two later.... sweet.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think you answered your own question there.

Its VERY nice to have the paper magazine to lay back and read in comfort where and when you want to.

The digital version is great for content, but its just not as satisfying as the real McCoy to read.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, it might be a teaser or a one time deal.
But what a SWEET way to show off the magazine to potential new subscribers!

Premium Features