• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP & Cold Fingers

BC-XP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Kamloops
So is it just me or does anyone else find their hands get colder riding an XP (X model with low windshield)

Guess I'll have to break our the old gloves and see it they help, bit looser fit.

M

mcgyver

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 5, 2008
Idaho
I have handguards on my xrs with the low windshield, but on saturday with the new xp, dam near froze my hands off with warmers on high........snow over the winshield most of the day.

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
I have the low X windshield. My handwarmers are either too hot or cold. I have to keep turning them off and on all day to keep them regulated.

T
So is it just me or does anyone else find their hands get colder riding an XP (X model with low windshield)

Guess I'll have to break our the old gloves and see it they help, bit looser fit.

Yes your hands freeze..there are 100% out in the wind. I assume hand guard would help alot but personnely I don't like the way they look and they want to **** F-in money for them....so I go with cold fingers...

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
went with these. easily removable and do the trick gettin back to the truck without freezing the digits.
pictures3340Small.jpg

of course, forgot to take them with this weekend. -24 and 80km/hr winds made for cooooold trip out on saturday....

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
Get a good windproof / waterproof glove. They don't have to be expensive either. I run a pair of $20 full leather insulated work gloves. They fit tight, so I have good dexterity. They are windproof and if you warm them in the microwave, then rub in some snow seal for a couple hours and let them cure overnight they will be 100% waterproof. Most of you guys are pros at rubbing one off so this shouldn't be too challenging. :) I rarely even turn on my handwarmers with this set up.

T
Get a good windproof / waterproof glove. They don't have to be expensive either. I run a pair of $20 full leather insulated work gloves. They fit tight, so I have good dexterity. They are windproof and if you warm them in the microwave, then rub in some snow seal for a couple hours and let them cure overnight they will be 100% waterproof. Most of you guys are pros at rubbing one off so this shouldn't be too challenging. :) I rarely even turn on my handwarmers with this set up.

What??

what's the seal process for 2 hours vs cure process?? How long in the micorwave. I think you are BS'ing but I had to ask...shoot for 20 buck I might just try it...lol

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
I am 100% serious. You won't go back. I worked ski patrol for 5 years and started using a insulated work glove because we were constantly working rope lines and I got tired of taking off my bulky gloves to tie off the rope lines. The process to seal them is to first use only sno seal. It is the best stuff for leather. I use it on my leather work boots as well. The idea is you want to get the sno seal deep into the leather. So heating the glove opens the pores and allows the sno seal to melt and work into the leather. I simply put on the warm gloves and while watching tv just rub my hands together making sure to get the seams really well. I will repeat this process 6-8 times for a couple hours while watching conan or something. Then I let cure overnight. Sometimes I will put them on the heat vents in the house to let them stay warm and continue to promote the sno seal to leach into the glove. I do this once a year. Use a good quality, smooth leather glove. After a few rides the gloves will break in and not be so stiff. They are great.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

2 choices:

wrap your skirt around your fingies
or
get some hand mufffs for the trail and pack away once on the hill:D

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Royal Dist is listed as Canadian Skinz distributor, but shows no stk. Anyone else in Canada?

Premium Features