• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any updates on the Trygstad 872R motor

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
holy **** Batman. Mini's 872 is a screamer. Wet, heavy snow--rain--and even w/ the 3''. It still flat out rips. Handles the track w/ ease. Turbo would see higher track speeds on the same hill, but 872 got to it's peak faster. Was seeing mid 60's and still gaining w/ the turbo, but I bet there wasn't 5 mph difference in actual ground speed. Turbo beat 872 once. We raced half a dozen times. W/ the 3'' track, I don't think turbo would have beat the 872 if the snow would have been more powder. No more pull and go for the turbo this year, going to have to dial in the clutching to get ahead of 872. Power alone is not doing it. Hill we were running on was about 8200' and 1/4 long.

thanks man means alot coming from you never would have thought a big bore would have been this much fun haven't even put my turbo back together this year after playing with the 872

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Got my 872 installed and out for a short rip tonite. Very tight engine and smooth power throughout. Its only got a few miles on it, but I am very happy so far....cant wait til its broken in and I can pin er:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-hap

You guys did some great R & D on the clutching. Followed some tips,threw in something here and something there....lol..... and it feels great. I will have some good updates after the forum ride this weekend.

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
Got my 872 installed and out for a short rip tonite. Very tight engine and smooth power throughout. Its only got a few miles on it, but I am very happy so far....cant wait til its broken in and I can pin er:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-hap

You guys did some great R & D on the clutching. Followed some tips,threw in something here and something there....lol..... and it feels great. I will have some good updates after the forum ride this weekend.

let me know what you think when you get the motor broken in

Last edited:

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Got almost 200 miles on my 872 now and it is the smoothest power I have ever felt. Ruuning really strong and consistent power that is still pulling on my arms at the top of the hill !!! Very impressed and still gaining power.

NEDitchbanger

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
Lincoln, NE
07 872

I just got a chance to get my 872 out and other than clutching work and a little tuning I was pleased. My Bro has a Pol 660 that we finally got dialed in a couple years back and the results the second day of riding were impressive in comparison, I will say this is a 660 that will hang with many 8's and I'm sure you have all seen them.

I will say that this motor will take more fuel and make more power.

M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008
Also Trygstad mentioned in an other post that he's made some slight dome profile adjustments with great results and many more improvements coming! I'm on the list to get one!

Premium Features