• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Timbersled

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
let me rephrase that. 6000 plus shipping. if I have it shipped to me there will be no sales tax. they said shipping wont be much since its only going about 50 mi. if I had to guess its about 6100 out the door.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
when are we going to see accessory options, including: fuel can, and strap options for the new 18 aro platform? everything on the site appears to be for the 17 and older models. Ski

B
Feb 4, 2011
I rode with a bunch of the guys from Timbersled on the new stuff in February and I can confirm that A LOT of the talk on this thread is wild speculation. As far as I can see, no one here really knows a whole lot about what's going on behind the scenes with Polaris/Timbersled and why/what they are developing.

Bottom line is that the new suspensions are awesome. The ski is 11.5 now which is a huge plus in my book. Track was narrowed to 11.5 for more track speed as well as handling as I understand it. Being from Utah where the snow is deep, I am suspicious of narrowing the track. Perhaps it's better but I am in the "more floation" camp rather than "track speed" camp right now.

These Timbersled guys are still developing this stuff in northern Idaho and it was a pleasure to meet and hang out with them for a few days. Great guys. If you don't really know what they are up to, you make yourself look a little foolish by writing statements that are nothing more than speculation. Don't get me wrong, speculation is great, just don't write it like it's a fact.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I rode with a bunch of the guys from Timbersled on the new stuff in February and I can confirm that A LOT of the talk on this thread is wild speculation. As far as I can see, no one here really knows a whole lot about what's going on behind the scenes with Polaris/Timbersled and why/what they are developing.

Bottom line is that the new suspensions are awesome. The ski is 11.5 now which is a huge plus in my book. Track was narrowed to 11.5 for more track speed as well as handling as I understand it. Being from Utah where the snow is deep, I am suspicious of narrowing the track. Perhaps it's better but I am in the "more floation" camp rather than "track speed" camp right now.

These Timbersled guys are still developing this stuff in northern Idaho and it was a pleasure to meet and hang out with them for a few days. Great guys. If you don't really know what they are up to, you make yourself look a little foolish by writing statements that are nothing more than speculation. Don't get me wrong, speculation is great, just don't write it like it's a fact.

When someone says a narrower track and steeper approach angle and will work better in the deep they simply need to sober up. Simply not the case and discredits their product in my opinion. All long time sled builders know this and been proven.

N

Northwestguy

Apr 1, 2010
Panhandle NID
[QUOTE
What happened to the built in gas can holder.....grab your bungee straps:doh::doh::doh::doh::face-icon-small-dis[/QUOTE]

Ya where does the gas can go now. AND does it come with one still, or do I need to sell my old kit without a can.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
[QUOTE
What happened to the built in gas can holder.....grab your bungee straps:doh::doh::doh::doh::face-icon-small-dis

Ya where does the gas can go now. AND does it come with one still, or do I need to sell my old kit without a can.[/QUOTE]

LOL , Does Polaris make a fuel can for their sleds ?

Keep you can / cans who do you think makes it any way ? We ran those cans back in the 90's

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
When someone says a narrower track and steeper approach angle and will work better in the deep they simply need to sober up. Simply not the case and discredits their product in my opinion. All long time sled builders know this and been proven.
Were not building snowmobiles;)

I think the biggest reason you will see these working better is no that a steeper approach is necasarily better. But you take a small loss to overcome something for a larger gain. In the current trim (17 and older) yes, the approach is better, BUT, the paddles as they return around the drivers are actually pushing backwards for a second and trenching the setup in. You are comparing driveshaft location and attack angle on a sled, BUT on ALL snowmobile designs the centerline of the driveshaft is never below the belly pan.

Snow acts almost like a liquid in many senses and before we were sort of cavitating the front of the drive system. So although yes a steeper approach angle may be less ideal. given our packaging restrains, a slightly higher approach angle to eliminate this big drag will still net a far better result.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Were not building snowmobiles;)

I think the biggest reason you will see these working better is no that a steeper approach is necasarily better. But you take a small loss to overcome something for a larger gain. In the current trim (17 and older) yes, the approach is better, BUT, the paddles as they return around the drivers are actually pushing backwards for a second and trenching the setup in. You are comparing driveshaft location and attack angle on a sled, BUT on ALL snowmobile designs the centerline of the driveshaft is never below the belly pan.

Snow acts almost like a liquid in many senses and before we were sort of cavitating the front of the drive system. So although yes a steeper approach angle may be less ideal. given our packaging restrains, a slightly higher approach angle to eliminate this big drag will still net a far better result.
If your track speed on the throttle is 30 mph the paddle tips at the driver are moving at 60 because is rolling around a radius. the belt may be 30 but out at the paddle tip is accelerated, that snow is pulled downward and compressed . The higher axle will handle bumps better and the narrow track will get from edge to edge quicker butt it will not float better.

Last edited:

Rbott

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2012
Vermont
Getting ready to snow check an ARO 137 LE and select the blue color option......The only thing that is blue are the stickers. Suspension arms, rails, and spindle are white.

Kind of lame.....Too much white.

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
the dealer I got mine from contacted timbersled and was told that the picture is wrong and that the rails are blue. i hope that true. defiantly to much white.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The higher axle will handle bumps better and the narrow track will get from edge to edge quicker butt it will not float better.

It's a Poo thing , they have been working with that philosophy on certain models for decades . Not sure what the obsession with the center open windows is even though they reduced them .

The manufacture that first started doing the big open windows has gotten away from them for a reason and none of the big manufactures does it to the short tracks .

Why do you think the Camso track gets such good reviews , it's not just the lug but the footprint .

Any bets on who will be the first to use staggered closed windows ? :face-icon-small-hap

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
the dealer I got mine from contacted timbersled and was told that the picture is wrong and that the rails are blue. i hope that true. defiantly to much white.

I too ordered the blue le kit, what did the dealer tell you on colors? hoping the spindle, rails, arms are blue like the pics of the red and orange kits, pictured on the site, and in print on the net.

it bums me out that they (Polaris) do not treat these like sleds, showing ALL POSSIBLE COLORS COMBOS, AND ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE. no, they just show a few colors, and no accys AT ALL. here drop 6000 bucks, we will tell you what color it comes in, when you un-crate it. oh, and as far as accys go, you cant plan that until after the season starts. WTF? Ski

Rbott

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2012
Vermont
I can't get a straight answer from anyone on the blue LE colors.....

Look at Timbersled Quebec on Facebook and he has an aro 137 with blue stickers and everything else is white.....

Worst case I get some pieces powdercoated.....

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Hecho en china baby! Never know what you'll get till it hits the port

Premium Features