• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RSI Dumpers running boards

B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
Does anyone have them on their Polaris IQ or Pro? They look great and am looking at grabbing some for my Dragon. Any pics would help as I need to see how far down into the foot well they go as thats where my build up problem is. The price is right for me, so any help would be appreciated!

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I do and love them!

Little tricky on the rear of the tunnel because of rivets and the suspension drop bracket.
Was not to keen about cutting there so I left that part alone.
Works okay for me and it looks okay also if your not to picky.
The part that I care about is that there is a HUGE improvement in the part of gather snow on the running boards!

The down side is that there is NO instructions with the dumpers, and you have to use the imagination to mount it and where to drill and place the rivets.
It`s easy straight forward, but in front where you keep your legs, you need to trim the plastic of you cut the running boards wide open.

20121020_202002.jpg

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Sorry but don`t have more pictures.
The sled is tucked in for now because of warm weather and it`s raining like crazy :(

But when I have the right tools I will trim it some more in front of the dumpers and in the rear with the drop brackets.

You need some tools for this job and if I would do it again I would drop the rear suspension down and put the sled on a stand to get in the tunnel to grind down the rivets better.
Some places it`s a pain in the rear part of my self to get to from top.
I did it all when mine was on a trailer and i`m glad I want to it again like that.

You need a angle grinder, a tiny grinder of some sort, clamps and a rivet gun.
For your own sake, don`t use the manual squeeze one, your hand will die after a few rivets. Trust me! It hurts like beeeeeeeeeep!

Measure twice, cut once!

B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
Thanks catothom, thats awesome! Just what i wanted to see. Ya, ive got all the tools to hopefully get the job done right!!! I like how far down they go into the foot well. I'll use my uncle's Dragon as the test install first then mine!!! I'll post some pics when they're on!
BTW those look sick on ur sled!

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Just remember that it`s way more easy to mount and get most of the running board cut away if you lift the sled up and drop the suspension in the rear. So you in the same time can grind the rivets down and make a cleaner cut around the drop brackets in the rear.
I didn`t do this in front or rear so I had to leave more of the running boards in front and rear.

B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
Ok, I make sure to do that. I'll be sure to take some pics & post for everyone! Thanks for the tips!! The boards are on order and the snow is falling in Whistler!!! Cant wait!

Premium Features