• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ST Ripper 93 (or 90) anyone have any experience from/with their kids?

B
Took the boy for his first ride yesterday on a local rail trail all groomed out for ATV's and trail bikes and we had a great time. Only did 8 miles up and down a 2 mile section between roads as kids under 12 are not allowed to cross the roads so I would have had to just either ride or walk his bike across, but he enjoyed what we rode and even rode in 2nd gear and liked the increase in speed along with the ease of the throttle/motor not being wound up in 1st gear.

He does want a snowbike track kit for the winter so I'll see about dropping $2K on the kit sometime this upcoming fall.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Took the boy for his first ride yesterday on a local rail trail all groomed out for ATV's and trail bikes and we had a great time. Only did 8 miles up and down a 2 mile section between roads as kids under 12 are not allowed to cross the roads so I would have had to just either ride or walk his bike across, but he enjoyed what we rode and even rode in 2nd gear and liked the increase in speed along with the ease of the throttle/motor not being wound up in 1st gear.

He does want a snowbike track kit for the winter so I'll see about dropping $2K on the kit sometime this upcoming fall.

I know of a 2018 st90 kit for $1700.

B
So much for me thinking my huge waste of cash would be a lesson to all other people that thought that this thing would actually go on the snow.

Thing is, Timbersled has come up with the ST 93, which as is written on the website, should have better both on-trail and off-trail performance-so I will see if that is true and will have to pony-up the $2,000+ to do it.

Your lesson is still valid and I for sure, will NOT get the ST 90 you have/had and I do truly appreciate the review. I'm just glad that TS has come up with what seems to be a needed improvement on the 110cc track kit. I hope it is good/better than the 93. I can't see how it could be worse as TS must know how un-good the ST 90 was/is and had to come up with the ST 93.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Thing is, Timbersled has come up with the ST 93, which as is written on the website, should have better both on-trail and off-trail performance-so I will see if that is true and will have to pony-up the $2,000+ to do it.

Your lesson is still valid and I for sure, will NOT get the ST 90 you have/had and I do truly appreciate the review. I'm just glad that TS has come up with what seems to be a needed improvement on the 110cc track kit. I hope it is good/better than the 93. I can't see how it could be worse as TS must know how un-good the ST 90 was/is and had to come up with the ST 93.

I installed custom 1.5” lugs with no real change in snow performance. Still got stuck on a groomed trail. That 93 won’t put as much lug to the ground as what I did with my custom lugs. So it’s still a junker... and for $2000 they should be laughed at and ridiculed until they give us something that will actually travel a groomed mountain trail without trouble. Until then. Fawk em.

B
My wife (thank goodness for my wife-who outearns me) bought the kids a new 2019 Yamaha Snoscoot that I'm going to be leaving to pick up in about 20 minutes, so we'll put off a Ripper 93 till maybe next year. I'd like to hear how well the new 93 works before spending the $2,000 only to find out it works as poorly as the ST 90 did.

O

Oleshep

Mar 4, 2022
Denver CO
anyone got some Ripper 93 expericence? One of the guys at the local shop has one for his kid and says ti works good but I would like some other opinions before investing.

anyone got some Ripper 93 expericence? One of the guys at the local shop has one for his kid and says ti works good but I would like some other opinions before investing.

We have one. It's pretty much still a meadow machine if there is any powder at all. With set-up or spring snow you can venture out into the mountains a little bit, but it's not something where you're going to be able to take your kids out into the backcountry on.

That said - the kids and wife really enjoy playing around on it. If you have some property that gets snow it would definitely be worth owning one.

O

Oleshep

Mar 4, 2022
Denver CO
We have one. It's pretty much still a meadow machine if there is any powder at all. With set-up or spring snow you can venture out into the mountains a little bit, but it's not something where you're going to be able to take your kids out into the backcountry on.

That said - the kids and wife really enjoy playing around on it. If you have some property that gets snow it would definitely be worth owning one.

thank you that was the feedback I was looking for. I did not have any asperations of them hanging in the BC but the big medow by our cabin gets very packed down and there are endless miles of groomed trails.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
We had the Ripper 93 on a Honda XR100 and it worked great. My daughter rode it all over the place even in deep snow. It would haul my carcass around in second and third gear and I'm 240lbs. We were very impressed where the bike/kit would go. She went from the XR100/Ripper kit to a 450ktm/Riot 120S.

O

Oleshep

Mar 4, 2022
Denver CO
We had the Ripper 93 on a Honda XR100 and it worked great. My daughter rode it all over the place even in deep snow. It would haul my carcass around in second and third gear and I'm 240lbs. We were very impressed where the bike/kit would go. She went from the XR100/Ripper kit to a 450ktm/Riot 120S.
Great feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience. Now if I could just find a damn Ripper 93 to buy.. :-(

Premium Features