• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wrinkled tunnel 14 Pro RMK 600

D
Jun 18, 2012
I tagged a rock this weekend that brought my sled to a dead stop and slammed me into the side of it. Clutter side of the sled. Bent upper a-arm, bent bolt for the a-arm, and the tunnel wrinkled at the foot well. A rivet is a bit warped where the drive train is. Is this something I can fix at home?
I can't figure out how to upload pictures from my phone as it says the files are too large and I'm not sure how to modify them.

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Pretty common damage. There are a few different places that make repair plates for this exact issue. Its not that hard to fix.

One thing that really helps to prevent this from happening is to NOT run carbide wear bars on your skis. Just plain steel wear bars. The steel bars are much more likely to slide over a rock and not dig in like the carbide does and stop you in your tracks. Not saying thats what happened in your situation, but just in general.

D
Jan 4, 2008
MN
My 13 Indy had been totaled, had wrinkle in the tunnel behind the chaincase. Bought it back from ins cheap. Wasn't sure what I was getting into to straighten it out. Turned out it wasn't hard to do.

Premium Features