• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 850 Injector/TPS Wire Failure

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Broken wire to tps

I had check engine light come on, code #PO 264 it was on the wiring harness and not the plug but the wires (copper wire not the covering). If you were to look at it could not tell until I cut the zip ties and then the heat tape on the wires. Once I did this and straighten the wires out you can actually feel where the wire was broken inside the sheathing. I cut the wires and put some butt splices in, taped it up runs great. So if others are having this problem take a look at this, also sled is still under warranty we'll take it in later and have it fixed.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
So with this thread being revived... yesterday i had to leave my sled in the wyoming backcountry.. after riding most the day and being far from cell service and home...i hit a log but the only damage done was a bend in the front bumper, but upon starting the sled again after a courtesy roll it was throwing a check engine light and will not let the throttle engage. The code was PO 123, and after towing it till after dark and deciding we needed to leave it and come back for it this weekend, got back to a warm truck and eventually cell service to find the code relates to the TPS seeing higher than 5 volts. So im thinking maybe the ground wire pulled out or broke possibly? Anyone have experience with this and is it possible to fix in the field without a buds computer? Otherwise we will have to use block and tackle to tow it all the way out as it is not a trail system and is still a long ways from home. Appreciate any thought and input anyone might have. We have the mechanical knowledge to do it in the field, just not sure if the code will go away without a buds computer? Sled is a 2017 850 summit with silber turbo, but turbo has been flawless and this appears to be related to the TPS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'd light the sled on fire and report it stolen :face-icon-small-ton You can't possibly put a turbo on a sled and expect this to be Doo's fault. It's like if you get in an accident while above the legal limit it's your fault even if you were parked on the side of the road and someone decides to run into you. Turbos suck :face-icon-small-con

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
I'd light the sled on fire and report it stolen :face-icon-small-ton You can't possibly put a turbo on a sled and expect this to be Doo's fault. It's like if you get in an accident while above the legal limit it's your fault even if you were parked on the side of the road and someone decides to run into you. Turbos suck :face-icon-small-con
Your so helpful... like said, the turbo isn't the issue and have had ZERO problems and nothing but fun thanks to it. I HIT a log.. my fault.. and then the sled threw a check engine because a wire has come loose or unplugged. My numerous local friends including skidoo mechanics have said the 17s are notorious for tight wiring around the TPS that they have seen pull loose from impacts. But thanks for your always useless insight that you seem to provide on this site

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009

You know the robots in Westworld that get stuck in a loop? That's Chadly. He just keeps repeating himself, like some form of strange therapy.

Yes, Chadly, we know, your MPI kit sucked. You think all turbos suck. Please go back to the hole you came from. You offer no help around here. Plenty of guys run turbos without any issues. Heck, maybe pickup a different sport. I hear cross country skiing is pretty trouble free.

Broseph, we'll get the sled out. Texting you now.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Wow someone got your panties in a bunch! Bahaha. I had the same issue on my stock sled. They crimped over the wires by zip tying them tight on a 180 degree angle. And since the Guy who works for Silber cares so much, my MPI has been running wonderful! Someone posted a video of it in the Washington section And I finally ran into a Silber owner on the mountain. He said much worse things about your kit than I have ever said about MPI. Sounds like you guys send some really good clutching out with your kits too! You paid turbo employees always seem to cry like little babies when someone that has no skin in the game calls out a turbo how it is

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Wow someone got your panties in a bunch! Bahaha. I had the same issue on my stock sled. They crimped over the wires by zip tying them tight on a 180 degree angle. And since the Guy who works for Silber cares so much, my MPI has been running wonderful! Someone posted a video of it in the Washington section And I finally ran into a Silber owner on the mountain. He said much worse things about your kit than I have ever said about MPI. Sounds like you guys send some really good clutching out with your kits too! You paid turbo employees always seem to cry like little babies when someone that has no skin in the game calls out a turbo how it is

Sigh. I'm not crying - lol - I'm suggesting your rhetoric is tired and childish. The value you add around here is of the troll variety, not of the really helping people variety. It just plain gets old. You are like the old lady across the street who has little more to do with her life than complain. And as opposed to stray dogs, you hate turbos. Fun.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Yet my posts have more likes with less posts than yours. Very interesting. If we are keeping score, it appears the people around here think I'm more helpful than you and your completely biased cry baby posts defending Silber :face-icon-small-con Perhaps your feeler got hurt because this forum is full of negative Silber posts are there really isn't much for BD or MPI? :eyebrows:

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
injector wiring

You have to pull the jackshaft and air box to look at these connections don't you?

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Yet my posts have more likes with less posts than yours. Very interesting. If we are keeping score, it appears the people around here think I'm more helpful than you and your completely biased cry baby posts defending Silber :face-icon-small-con Perhaps your feeler got hurt because this forum is full of negative Silber posts are there really isn't much for BD or MPI? :eyebrows:

Again dude, why are you even posting in this thread? You bring up stuff that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, is backed by nothing objective and is just plain annoying.

Also, maybe go poke around other sub-forums, I contribute to many threads that have nothing to do with turbos, and often help other guys who run other brands get their sleds running better. If you'd like, I'll post a few examples, but I'm fairly certain that'd just be a waste of time.

"Helpful" and "popular" aren't the same thing.

You are the only poster I know of who routinely tells people to "light their sled on fire" (or similar) as a means of fixing a problem...just because it has a turbo (of any brand). Dude. Cmon. Grow up.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
It's impossible to have a good running turbo 850 g4. Maybe for a couple hundred miles but once the issues start, they ain't stoppin.
There are so so many things wrong with it in stock form. Add a turbo=huge problems.
If I owned a turbo company or sled shop, I would not touch a turbo 850 with a 10ft pole.
Imo.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
I would have to disagree you can have good running turbo setup on a G4 if you pick the right one. I have around 1500 turbo miles on my 18 and have only changed a spark plug that fell apart and a bolt that fell out of the sensor on the air box.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I would have to disagree you can have good running turbo setup on a G4 if you pick the right one. I have around 1500 turbo miles on my 18 and have only changed a spark plug that fell apart and a bolt that fell out of the sensor on the air box.
Post a vid of some good wfo climbs and some good on/off throttle action.

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
It's impossible to have a good running turbo 850 g4. Maybe for a couple hundred miles but once the issues start, they ain't stoppin.
There are so so many things wrong with it in stock form. Add a turbo=huge problems.
If I owned a turbo company or sled shop, I would not touch a turbo 850 with a 10ft pole.
Imo.

Considering my issue had absolutely nothing to do with the turbo...I will also disagree with you. TPS sensor was entirely broken and cracked from hitting a log on the bottom side of the sled, would have broke stock or turbod. . My turbo has been flawless and ran amazing, along with the 6 or so other people I ride with who have turbos, no issues.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Post a vid of some good wfo climbs and some good on/off throttle action.

I could post about 500GB of gopro footage for you to sift through. In the hours(and hours) of riding, you'll see zero stumbles, burbles, or bogs.

Seriously, if you have the time - I'm happy to upload em.

K
Feb 7, 2020
Thanks for all the info, I seem to have some similar issue. it hesitates around 6500 rpm and sound like a small missfire. And is feels like it has lost some power, feels more like a 600.
Damn this sled is killing me, I just got it out of break in and then I blew a belt and now this ****.
this is my last brp machine, I had belt issues with my old summit 800 aswell.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
The airbox rear mount rubbers become loose and the airbox smacks the pto side injector plug. The airbox kept hitting the plugs and busted the wires right off inside, flush with the terminal plugs. I used sh\tty cheap napa female prong - hoping they would have somewhere close to the same resistance of the original prongs. Looking in the shop manual, I see there is an ohm reading for the plugs. Fkit, I just jammed those on there because i wanted to see if it would work. It worked and got me by for a weekend. The new plug comes with about 6 inches of pigtail and.....bend over.......$27 bux for it.
I hooked up those plugs, hot glued them and turned the injector body away from the airbox and ty-rap'd it so it would not move back and get smacked by the airbox.
...what a dose !

Our dealer has a 3 strikes your out policy. The mechanic said this happens one more time, he's replacing the harness with the updated one.

psdoffplug850.jpg

T
May 22, 2019
Does this problem happen on a 2019 summit. Having similar problems with it. And it throws a throttle position sensor code. Dealer keeps saying nothing is wrong with it.

Premium Features