• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 axys 600r plastics on iqr?

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
Miami FL Sunshine and Ladies
So i have a 2012 im thinking of doing axys plastics on. It is being built into a136 right now and then a 800r conversion is next. I am essentially building the sled polaris should build to destroy the freeride 137. The reason i opted to go this rout is that i wanted something that is more durable than a freeride. I do not like the new steering stem on the 600r but the plastics are cool. My question is do you think i should keep the iqr plastics or should i go all out and make a axys 136 sled. I like the iqr look because it is a iqr and nothing looks like it, while the axys lools like an axys. Pretty much i just want peoples opinion. I thought about spending the coin on a new 600r but after sitting on a mod sled with the new post i like how the old one feels for BC Hits. I could see how it would be nice for racing and rythm section and pounding whoops but for my application the older more vertical post feels better. So im pumped i got a basically brand new late model iqr before there are none left rather than the 600r but still kind of like the new look.
I would need 600r plastics+ air box/headlight/tach+ belt guard+ talk to dyno port about a 800r axys pipe? What else?

If you have an opinion on this let me know, i honestly like how iqr looks but like the sound of the more aggressive cut of axys panels making it easier to move around on the sled with more leg room. It looks like you can get your knees tucked into spots on axys panels and further up and around, which might be nice for mid air body position adjustments and whips.
It would be cool to have one of the few old post 136 axys sleds around.
The iqr plastics i have also have the mod airbox with no light to fit twins and i have no tach, so its a tough call to make. My mod plastics are cool and done right with the mesh, but a headlight+ tach+ more leg room would be cool to. The plastics i have are levis freestyle competition plastics from 2011-12-13ish. They got put on the chassis i bought from them when they switched to lowering the windshield over the headlight holes and loosing the entire console for more over the bar nac nac action. I bought a 2012 foam pit practice sled chassis with a stock 2013 motor from them. Its cool to have those plastics though. They are the black ones with white hood and red skid plate and mystic graphics. Its funny how deep the pullstart dug in cause of how many sleds these plastics have been on. If i do the axys panels i will definitely be hanging these ones up, maybe even get levi to sign them if i can while he out here for new race or x games.

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Interesting topic, personally I love the look of the new IQR, so go for it!! In fact, I've got an IQR as well that I would love to throw the new on body too. So, with that said, what are the details with making the change???

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
I believe it is plastics+ belt guard+ headlight/airbox/tach+ pipe. I haven't been able to find out if there is a kit available. A kit was probably available to the open mod teams but i think now that the 600r is out i think you can just get 600r stock parts. Only thing im not sure on is the iqr can and pipe cradle.
Also is Dynoport making a 800r pipe set up for this sled..

When using the dynoport can you lose the stock can cradle, or does it stay in place? I like sound of stock can but would love to lose the stock cradle.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Just to be clear the "axys" plastics you are wanting are race chassis specific and not the standard axys body work.

If I were run a single pipe it'd be a Neils Power Pipe (NPP)

fgauvin7

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2012
Nice project! I have done a similar thing with an Arctic cat over the summer, took a 2013 snopro 600 racing, swapped it with a 800 efi from a 2012 M8000 and finally IceAge made me a set of 137in custom rails to put on it along with a new camso backcountry X2 track!

should be a very nice sled, I can't wail to try it in a couple weeks!

Attachments

• 14996422_10207987311335897_1244490477_n.jpg
    14996422_10207987311335897_1244490477_n.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 133
B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
Your sled is awsome. That exactly what i am going for, production look. Im in love with the new zr 6000 sx. I think im gona switch to one as soon as possible. Im kind of bummed i did not look more at the cats. I sure once i see my iqr done ill be all stoked on it again but damn the new SX is nice

Last edited:
Premium Features