• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thanks for S chassis spot

D

DValentine

Nov 27, 2007
Laurel Montana
I know its an old sled. But its all I have to ride. I need to squeeze a few more mile out of it before I am done.

Thanks for the spot.

Any one have a good 98-99 670 motor they want to part with?

D

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Cool a S Chassis forum!! I like the way you broke up the Forumz more simplified, nice choice. Thanks Christopher.

I would probably love to have a rev but this is what I can afford even though as could of bought a rev for what i have into it now. but love this body style and looks of the S Sleds.

Here is a link to my project, currently swapping to a 700 triple and going to go back to a Rev Seat like the one in the pics I had last year but sold it to a guy on Dootalk. Working on a Homemade seat now, but would like to find a 06-07 summit seat.

http://s375.photobucket.com/albums/oo197/ddcard/

I have a 98` 670X Motor That came out of this sled for sale. Just the motor or Complete package. e-mail me at wildcard28@msn.com or you can call
208 305 4732.

Darren,

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
I know its an old sled. But its all I have to ride. I need to squeeze a few more mile out of it before I am done.

Thanks for the spot.

Any one have a good 98-99 670 motor they want to part with?

D

i agree!
Iam the same! Need to get a few more kms out of the 740 UB summit! Well the thing is mint but iam in the need of a upgraded and a few more HP! :D:D:D
Going to try and sell it this Feb before i go to Turks and Caicos, Mexico, and Germany for a few months! NO SLEDING,GIRL FRIEND , friends, or CHEEP CANADIAN BEER till april:(:(
LOL

Justin:Dcheers

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
Good deal at least we don't have vintage iron after all LOL. I am excited to go try my sled out with the new 2.25x16x159 track. Maybe I can use more of the tripples power now. What pipes or exhaust are you running on your UB 740?

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Good deal at least we don't have vintage iron after all LOL. I am excited to go try my sled out with the new 2.25x16x159 track. Maybe I can use more of the tripples power now. What pipes or exhaust are you running on your UB 740?

LOL
iam running twin crank shops! My mom hates it because it IS SO LOAD!:p:p
that 159'' track you have, is that a powder track??
I got the same thing only it a 2''x15'' finger track!
Ordered a drop and roll kit so if i do go for a new track i can get 2.25 lugs!:D

TG:cool:

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
The track is a powdermax track off a 2006 Summit X. I know the sound well ran twin crankshops forever with the twin. Now I have a tripple with the same pipes which sounds awsome to me but loud.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Powdermax and Challenger, great tracks they appear to be about the same design.

153x2.25

is that a 3 pitch track???
but now iam screwed because i just bought a 159'' skid! So what can i buy that has 2.25 lugs and is a 2.52 pitch??????????
but i guess i could always just put a 162'' on! I have a enough rail extensions!! its only like 1.5 inches of track(MORE)! Well 3 inches but half that is what your going to have on the ground!!!

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Ya its 3.0 pitch, Arctic Cat Mseries track, skidoohmx got me a good deal on it. This year I purchased a 06 summit 159 skid cause I got a good deal on it, and then bought 151 rails and repositioned the skid, that was fun, the 06 skid has different ctc than the stock skid. (32inchs).

But with the 153 on stock skid with 136-151 extensions. I purchased Wahl bros, 3.0pitch 7tooth extrovert drivers and move the skid back 1inch to put the 153 on. then ported it and ran it all last year.

I also thought about putting a 159 on after I bought the new skid or going to a 162 but really didn`t want that long track on stock 98` 670 motor at the time but now I have a 700 triple, maybe go bigger after I see how the motor pulls.

Of course my sled has a drop and rolled case.

Darren

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
You could get a skidoo powdermax track from a 06-07 Summit like the track I have and also gain the extra width. They are still the 2.52 pitch which run smoother but a little heavier.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
update!!

well guys i got tired of waiting for my drop and roll kit the i bought from ''Jerry Godden'' so i said he!l with it, so in with the chain case,track, and drive shaft!:D Ok so all that went great, now in with the skid that "Turbo583" sold me! With just a little TLC she went in good, well the frond bolts did, ok now lets drop the back end down a put the back bolts in and get her out of the shop!;) OH NO:eek: why wont the tunnel go down any farther?:confused::confused: Oh i see whats wrong........ the track is to tight! well me rear wheels are all the way to the front! Iam fuÇked! So now iam going to pull her all apart again and wait for the drop and roll kit!:D:D

so theres your update!

Later:D:D

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Now we are thinking of dropping the Rotax 1000 twin into the S-chassis with one of our turbo kits and carbs:D. This will be a new kind of fun for the good old S-chassis.

Dave

That would be a Cool project, before I bought the 700 triple for my sled I was looking in to putting a newer 800 HO twin in my sled but seemed to be more expensive to purchase the 800 twin than the triple. but that actually wasn`t the case, but would of been cool with RER reverse.

Darren

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Kind of top secret right now, but it will be deep into 300+HP. This is going to be a full tilt kit in the XP chassis. The guy who wants one in the S-chassis wants to tame it down a bit:(. Should whisk around easily at 250HP:D----de-tuned. Fun no matter how you look at it. This guy has a triple S-chassis too;).

I need to get with you this winter and do some riding. Get them triples singing in the trees--music to my ears:).

Dave

Wow Dave that would be cool. How much power would that combination make?

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Kind of top secret right now, but it will be deep into 300+HP. This is going to be a full tilt kit in the XP chassis. The guy who wants one in the S-chassis wants to tame it down a bit:(. Should whisk around easily at 250HP:D----de-tuned. Fun no matter how you look at it. This guy has a triple S-chassis too;).

I need to get with you this winter and do some riding. Get them triples singing in the trees--music to my ears:).

Dave

Sounds like a sweet build!

Premium Features