• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

95-96 storm rear skid

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
Can any of you old school polaris riders tell me what rear susp. Was on a 95-96 indy storm? Is it the extra 10 or extra 12?.i"am tring to sell the rear skid and i need to know what it is..thank you ..pauly

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
Check the size of the mounting bolts. The xtra 12 had 7/16 mounting bolts instead of 3/8 (5/8 bolt heads instead of 9/16). Also, the xtra 12 tunnel mounting locations are way farther forward than any other Polaris suspension. The xtra 12 front mounts are way up in the foot wells where you can't get in impact wrench on them without a 90° elbow (unless you drill holes).

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
the xtra 12 had both shocks connecting to the rear torque arm, the extra 10 had one connected to the front and one to the rear thats the easiest way to tell.

Oh right, I forgot about that. You're right, that would be the easiest way to tell at a glance. I remember when I pulled my xtra 12 I thought it was weird that there was no shock connected to the front torque arm.

Premium Features