• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another DIY Tunnel Bag Option

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Hey All, here's another DIY tunnel bag option that you probably haven't seen yet. I just finished up on it tonight:

Start with this old school Polaris tunnel bag. You can find them on Ebay for $90 or less. I just had one lying around, not getting used. It fits surprisingly well.
bag_01.jpg

Then as an option, to keep things dry, add a plastic platform. I used some 1/2" thick plastic, spaced off by one lock nut. Carriage bolts are 1.5" long.
bag_02.jpg

Install the bag and bolt down the two outside corners thru the bag. Voila, done. I used this bag last season without the platform and it worked great. Only downside was that it did get a bit wet. Thus the reason I built a platform to get it off the hot tunnel. The bag will also strap to the running boards, as originally designed, if you don't want to bolt it down. Significantly more room than the standard under seat bag.
bag_03.jpg

bag_04.jpg

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I suppose of you had one of those bags laying around it would be OK. But $90 is enough to buy an under seat bag or money toward something like the Sled Solutions bag.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I think you missed the point. These bags are $90 new. The regular underseat bag is $100 and it doesn't even hold half of what this bag holds. I have an additional tunnel bag that I never used, because this bag held everything. Got in there all my tools, tow strap, coat liner, first aid, food for the day, with room to spare.

I would say it's equivalent in size to the Sled Solutions bag at a fraction of the price. There's a used one at auction on eBay right now for $15 and I've seen a ton of these bags at Haydays. Used, they probably go for $20-$50.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think you missed the point. These bags are $90 new. The regular underseat bag is $100 and it doesn't even hold half of what this bag holds. I have an additional tunnel bag that I never used, because this bag held everything. Got in there all my tools, tow strap, coat liner, first aid, food for the day, with room to spare.

I would say it's equivalent in size to the Sled Solutions bag at a fraction of the price. There's a used one at auction on eBay right now for $15 and I've seen a ton of these bags at Haydays. Used, they probably go for $20-$50.

Not to take away from your idea but those bags have one of the weakest zippers i’ve ever used.
(Seen three separate bags with blown out zippers)

I don’t think they are worth $15..........even new

I
Jul 28, 2014
Another good one i started doing was a 7 dollar fanny pack/waist pack...i think thats what you call them, from walmart for a handle bar bag. Holds all my wrenches and sockets, plugs, hay wire, herb, a couple chocolate bars, lighters and matches and a 500ml water bottle, im sure theres more in there that im forgetting about.....7 bucks and 2 zip ties vs whats the handle bar bags go for? 100+ crazy how everything is 100 or more for these things.

Premium Features