• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 big bores? No talk all season about them?

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
So is the Tryg 927 internally balanced?
And what is done with the pDrive wobble?

Tuning the factory ECU
Fuel Map changes are a must no doubt..

But Changing the ignition timing map would probably be crucial to gaining the best throttle response and the most power from this set-up

Can the Dobeck make timing changes?

Or does the 927 use an offset timing key? I’ve heard Big John say that’s a plus with the 850’s
Just thinking out loud..
Paul

Just realized the 872 is 800
And 972 is the 850

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

Tuning the factory ECU

But Changing the ignition timing map would probably be crucial to gaining the best throttle response and the most power from this set-up

Or does the 927 use an offset timing key? I’ve heard Big John say that’s a plus with the 850’s
Just thinking out loud..
Paul

And 972 is the 850

Paul those are wicked questions! I don't mean anything bad against Tryg or anyone else it's that the questions are thought provoking.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
no
nothing

Tuning the factory ECU
silber
dobeck, air temp sensor trick, silber

But Changing the ignition timing map would probably be crucial to gaining the best throttle response and the most power from this set-up...
timing is a funny thing, stock is always a solid base line.
advance 1 is really the only option to stock for a trail motor IMHO

no, only fuel per secondary injectors

not sure but doubt it

Just thinking out loud..
Paul

And 972 is the 850

*porting, squish/compression and proper fueling is a must just like any other BB kit- then ADD real clutching (SHR adj weights, springs, helix) to take full advantage of said BB-BJ

call for details on clutching:face-icon-small-coo

Nope, my name is Jeff Brines - 970 219 0258 - Jeff@silberturbos.com

I don't have a chip in the game so no score to settle or bashing intended here but I see the same lame excuses over and over again for bad customer service...
Why do so many aftermarket companies provide little to no customer service for expensive upgrades and then only respond when the customer runs out of patience and complains on doo talk about it (which is their right), only to reply to the OP saying "you should have called or emailed me?" :loco: oh and of course the obligatory denial that any email was ever received.

If there is only guy that can provide customer service like they make it seem, (Which would not be great but still helpful) why not ONLY give out that person's ph # and email if help is needed? To me that would make sense, because saying "you should of called me" is even worse, as it infers that no one else in the company can help you (really?) and that they know it,:confused: but haven't bothered to communicate it in anyway! (WTH?) Why didn't anyone who DID receive an email from a CUSTOMER requesting help, not pass it along to "the only guy that can help"? Do they not care their customers too, and what does that say about the people working for you?
If you want to run a successful long term business, the only response to a request for help by ph or email with your product that is not acceptable is no response at all!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I don't have a chip in the game so no score to settle or bashing intended here but I see the same lame excuses over and over again for bad customer service...
Why do so many aftermarket companies provide little to no customer service for expensive upgrades and then only respond when the customer runs out of patience and complains on doo talk about it (which is their right), only to reply to the OP saying "you should have called or emailed me?" :loco: oh and of course the obligatory denial that any email was ever received.

If there is only guy that can provide customer service like they make it seem, (Which would not be great but still helpful) why not ONLY give out that person's ph # and email if help is needed? To me that would make sense, because saying "you should of called me" is even worse, as it infers that no one else in the company can help you (really?) and that they know it,:confused: but haven't bothered to communicate it in anyway! (WTH?) Why didn't anyone who DID receive an email from a CUSTOMER requesting help, not pass it along to "the only guy that can help"? Do they not care their customers too, and what does that say about the people working for you?
If you want to run a successful long term business, the only response to a request for help by ph or email with your product that is not acceptable is no response at all!

As I've mentioned before, I'm a consultant for Silber (and many other brands). I offer input, but I am not the end-of-day decision maker. I do my best with customer service, but I cannot see every bit of correspondence that comes into the company. I was merely throwing my contact out there (again) to be up front and show "hey, I never saw anything but you are always welcome to call me".

I'd encourage you to ask around or call us yourself if you have any questions about the product. We pick up our phones. We call people back when we can't.

Again, I'm a consultant, just trying to be transparent. Most people aren't as willing to throw their number on the web and use their real name. I am because I'm trying to show there is nothing dishonest going on here.

Sometimes things do slip through the cracks, that's true in any business. But I'm offering solutions.

Also, as you said, you don't have any chips in the game here. I'd suggest you remember an internet forum is not representative of the sum (as you are implying)!

As I've mentioned before, I'm a consultant for Silber (and many other brands). I offer input, but I am not the end-of-day decision maker. I do my best with customer service, but I cannot see every bit of correspondence that comes into the company. I was merely throwing my contact out there (again) to be up front and show "hey, I never saw anything but you are always welcome to call me".

I'd encourage you to ask around or call us yourself if you have any questions about the product. We pick up our phones. We call people back when we can't.

Again, I'm a consultant, just trying to be transparent. Most people aren't as willing to throw their number on the web and use their real name. I am because I'm trying to show there is nothing dishonest going on here.

Sometimes things do slip through the cracks, that's true in any business. But I'm offering solutions.

Also, as you said, you don't have any chips in the game here. I'd suggest you remember an internet forum is not representative of the sum (as you are implying)!

I appreciate where you are coming from, and appreciate your information as to what you do. No doubt there is those that give good service, but I did not say everyone does this, only that the same excuse is generally used when it happens, and that and it doesn't make sense to me.

So do you mind explaining why you would reply then? Do companies pay you to scour the net for customer service issues? I think most people like me think you work directly for the company (which in a way you do) so how does your relationship work in the customer service hierarchy?

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I appreciate where you are coming from, and appreciate your information as to what you do. No doubt there is those that give good service, but I did not say everyone does this, only that the same excuse is generally used when it happens, and that and it doesn't make sense to me.

So do you mind explaining why you would reply then? Do companies pay you to scour the net for customer service issues? I think most people like me think you work directly for the company (which in a way you do) so how does your relationship work in the customer service hierarchy?

Thanks for the question!

I consult on the web development side of things. When you think about it, a website is really there to facilitate a better customer experience. I try and do the best job I can do with the resources (money) I have to work with.

I am obviously a guy who enjoys riding sleds too. I also see the sled world as one where the dissemination of information is a bit archaic. So I take a look at the forums from time to time to see how a product is being perceived, see what other products are doing and at times reply to a question.

I think one of the big misconceptions in the sled world is just how small a lot of the aftermarket companies really are. Most are run out of tiny shops with a handful of people involved. This means everyone involved, whether a direct employee or a consultant should do their best to wear multiple hats and help out in the most ways possible.

This is what I'm doing. I know the product well, I know how to make it work. So I don't mind helping out. I also don't want to see a fellow sledder bummed on their winter because something isn't working to their expectations.

This isn't a big corporate america type job where there are flow charts and big meetings about how a customers complaint should go up the proverbial flag pole. There are basically guys like me, then there is the owner of the company. That's it. The hierarchy is one guy makes the decisions, the rest follow.

Either way, the point here is we are all really trying to make sure everyone has a good time out there, whether or not I am "getting paid" for it or not.

I guess I could ask the same question to anyone here - a forum is a place to share ideas and help one and other out. Most don't get paid to do so!

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks for the question!

I consult on the web development side of things. When you think about it, a website is really there to facilitate a better customer experience. I try and do the best job I can do with the resources (money) I have to work with.

I am obviously a guy who enjoys riding sleds too. I also see the sled world as one where the dissemination of information is a bit archaic. So I take a look at the forums from time to time to see how a product is being perceived, see what other products are doing and at times reply to a question.

I think one of the big misconceptions in the sled world is just how small a lot of the aftermarket companies really are. Most are run out of tiny shops with a handful of people involved. This means everyone involved, whether a direct employee or a consultant should do their best to wear multiple hats and help out in the most ways possible.

This is what I'm doing. I know the product well, I know how to make it work. So I don't mind helping out. I also don't want to see a fellow sledder bummed on their winter because something isn't working to their expectations.

This isn't a big corporate america type job where there are flow charts and big meetings about how a customers complaint should go up the proverbial flag pole. There are basically guys like me, then there is the owner of the company. That's it. The hierarchy is one guy makes the decisions, the rest follow.

Either way, the point here is we are all really trying to make sure everyone has a good time out there, whether or not I am "getting paid" for it or not.

I guess I could ask the same question to anyone here - a forum is a place to share ideas and help one and other out. Most don't get paid to do so!
If it"s confusing, there is something wrong. This is confusing.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
If it"s confusing, there is something wrong. This is confusing.

I'll try and make it simple for you.

I consult for companies. I help where I can, even if its outside my "job description" . I do not own the company. I do not make the big decisions.

How's that?

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I'll try and make it simple for you.

I consult for companies. I help where I can, even if its outside my "job description" . I do not own the company. I do not make the big decisions.

How's that?
Clear as mud.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Clear as mud.

LOL. Not sure what is confusing to you.

Digressions aside, I think I've made it pretty clear if someone has a question they are more than welcome to call or email me. If I can't help, I'll get the question to the guy who can.

Thanks!
Jeff

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
How bout this. Who do you work for?
What is your job?
The word consultant cannot be used.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
How bout this. Who do you work for?
What is your job?
The word consultant cannot be used.

In the sled world I work for Silber and Tom's. I've also built K-Mod's new site, though its not live yet.

and yes, I do so as a consultant not as an employee. If you need me to explain the difference I'm happy to, but there is a noteworthy difference...

My job, as I said above, is to build (and manage) a website, help refine the way their order processing works, make things more efficient and cost effective from that end etc etc. Being these companies are small, I also lend a hand in other areas, or fill gaps where needed - such as marketing, advertising, financing, SEO, media development and, yes, customer service!

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
d25afa629d954687bd8d7a82f4bc034e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A little distraction from the discussion at hand:

I was running a '79 SRX back in the early 90's on ice. Spinning @ 9100RPM I could not keep rollers in the stock clutch. I put a Comet 108C on never had the issue again.

89 MPH in 1000' That sled was FUUNNN!!!

Spend your $$ wherever you want but I will add my 2cents:

Anytime I come across someone in my personal or professional life who boasts they know EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY else knows nothing, I walk the other way.

Last edited:

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
We need to meet up this year and i will have you try my Tryg 927...

That would cost him 2300 bucks lol. Just got my fresh top end 872 back from Dave can't wait. If you come over to the 509 I'd like to check it out being I'm putting one in my 18 when Dave isn't so backed up.:eyebrows:

Premium Features