• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

93 jag 440 f/c mikuni carb question

P
Jan 20, 2009
It appears as if I have a carb problem on my sled. This ca has been in improper storage for a while and I think the carb is junk. I had to pry the choke plunger out of it because it looked like it got wet and corroded into place. I tried cleaning it all out the best I could. I can get the sled to start but barely runs above idle speed while wide open. The plugs get saturated with fuel. I think I may just try to find a good replacement. On the side it says 32-119. Anybody have an idea what that means?

S
Jan 17, 2010
Have you taken the bottom of the carb off? Clean your jets out / adjust cable to get slide height right. Adjust idle screw. Turn idle mix screw on side(the tiny one)go right till it is snug then back off 1- 1-1/2left.

Last edited:
P
Jan 20, 2009
Yes I tore it apart. It was pretty crude looking. Got it farely cleaned but didn't change anything. Still don't think it's the right carb anyways so I ordered a NOS unit to try out. Will report back how this works out

P
Jan 20, 2009
Have you taken the bottom of the carb off? Clean your jets out / adjust cable to get slide height right. Adjust idle screw. Turn idle mix screw on side(the tiny one)go right till it is snug then back off 1- 1-1/2left.

Ended up buying a NOS carb that is the correct size. 4th pull started right up!

Premium Features