• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

problems ?

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
so there have been a number of guys riding a number of new 18s....any problems with what you've seen...i rode 4 separate machines, different days......0 problems...:face-icon-small-hap

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
500 miles on mine. Zero problems. Except trying to keep all of my buddies from riding it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Carlc, has the motor gotten stronger after the 6 hr mark like we've been hearing? Thanks
I noticed it at about 5.5 hrs. And had a demo this weekend from montana boat center, that seemed to come alive at about the same time. It's more than just the hour number, it also has to do with throttle position and RPM.

J
Jan 12, 2017
SK
Rode 275 miles in Sicamous in 2.5-3 feet deep powder everyday with my 162 Early Release and it is awesome. My only complaint would be that some snow gets in the vents on the oil reservoir/exhaust side and it collects all around the oil pump and hoses at the bottom of the oil reservoir and turns to ice(way less snow gets in than on my old 2015). Will be an easy fix with the help of frogskinz though. Also, not sure if any one has been putting cans on their '18s but I put a GGB mountain can for the suzuki on mine right from the start and have had no issues whatsoever.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
The only, and I mean only snow that has gotten into mine is underneath the oil tank, from me kicking on my boards. Other than that she is dry as a bone inside

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The only, and I mean only snow that has gotten into mine is underneath the oil tank, from me kicking on my boards. Other than that she is dry as a bone inside

Pretty much the same issue on every brand and model sled I've ever ridden.

M
Mar 28, 2017
How does it fit? And sound? I was looking at the bmp can to and I am stuck between the two! And keep us updated on how the machine is running with the can on it

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Just put 4 full days on a early release 18' 162 in 2-3 feet of wet heavy fresh snow. If there was going to be a belt issue on this unit, I would have had them. Happy to report No problems.

Issues,
- When open side panel the front tab melts on stock can like mentioned above.
- Same panel got very hot and started to warp/melt at the top where the exhaust pipe meets the can, may want to do some heat tape or a heat shield of a sort.
- Moisture got into the oil level indicator connector and was triggering the low oil light.
- Stock skis are pretty flimsy and weak, bent one up pretty good but it eventually retained its original form.

Biggest issue is that my riding season is over and now I have to wait all summer to ride that weapon again. Cat made a great move by letting people ride these units at this seasons end. They live up to the hype. Just snow checked the mountain cat.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the demo sled i was on 2 weeks ago had 800 miles and still on the 1st belt.
my bet is this will be just as tough as the old zuki. And keep in mind it's had the throttle pinched from day one.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
My primary clutch rub on left side panel and now the panel will have a hole soon. I search a fix.

I would love it if one of the aftermarket companies would fabricate a piece of thin stainless or aluminum with self adhesive backing. That way you could pull the foam off and install the new piece and solve the problem of the primary drilling a hole in the panel.

Anyone listening? I would buy one!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features