• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Artic cat svx 450

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
they are having a hard time getting the snowmobile safety designation certification. cant have the brake on the right hand side for that cert. just adding it to the left side interferes with the clutch on the left side as a "bike". they have hurdles to cross, and with the Textron thing, it may not ever happen. would be nice to see. but, states making snowbike "kits" not legal for snowmobile trail use, isn't helping matters. Ski

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
After cat almost went bankrupt........ again.

I think you will be hard pressed to find a person who does not think the buyout was good for cat.

Well maybe the guys looking for this Snowbike.

But like others have said. Until they can get the registration part worked out and snow bikes become trailer legal I don't see it coming to market. When they won't be able to sell them in their home state.

But I would not be surprised to see the Snowbikes and ATV/UTV's with tracks become trailer legal in MN sooner then later with a separate "snowmobile" lic needing to be purchased to run them on the trails.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Must be showing my age because the name Textron alone carries some serious clout . They have a repeated reputation of taking a product to a much higher level .

Cat is peanuts to these guys and they are far from being green horns with this kind of product .

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I don't get the appeal of the cat snowbike....all the disadvantages of all current snowbike setups, without the option of summer use...?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Yes, they would sell a lot of them for 10 grand. And probably lose about 3000 on each one ? I'd buy one!
I don't even like to do the math on what my next Snowbike is going to cost.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
It hurts... That is one thing I do not add up... I thought at first the whole family does it yaaaa.... Then my wallet went ahhhhhhhh. But if they get rid of the wheels and brakes I don't see why it could be done? 10 grand would not be possible ... Say 12000 still ahead but I think it can be done for less.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
I don't get the appeal of the cat snowbike....all the disadvantages of all current snowbike setups, without the option of summer use...?

if they make it work it would be the only trail legal snowbike in most states, and having warranty and factory service would be a plus many snowbike guys are sick of tinkering

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Trail legal will help the flat landers and boost the sno bike market. Having an OE finally make one will help the sport overall. Is it the best setup out there? Probably not but it will attract some of the non tinkerers as said.
And Cat can use all the good press and sales it can muster.
Honestly surprised Poo hasn't brought one out, having bought t sled and being with KTM.
Them or a bike mfg. That makes the most sense and cents.

I'm ok with it being a fledgling sport though, many more snowbikes available means any tool bag with the $ to buy one will be out ripping up the snow we have to ourselves right now!

Premium Features