• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR921

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
This seems like a great time to drop this little reminder to all. (From 2014)

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375302

I know how this topic starts and what it turns into and we are not going down that road again here on Snowest. If you want to nit pick each other about BB builders and who you feel is "classier" go battle it out on Dootalk. This turns in a s**t show every......single......time!

This is not the place.

Thank you.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Any dyno sheets on the 921?

not yet...
wanted to make it run first to see if its worth the effort...
it runs stronger at 80% than my "ringer" XM that easily beats stock 850s...
I plan on spending a day at SPI to dyno...

Npickle- you dont like builders bashing? have you read a certain builders website??

It IS your choice, but after 20 years (9 different BBs) of modding sleds my reputation does speak for itself and defending that reputation is not bashing...

I have a whole drawer full of dyno sheets and used them during the build process of every engine I have done and after I was satisfied with SHR power/durabilty/drivability/clutching I will release it...

if it keeps snowing I will run it out west 1 more time to finalize clutching/fueling:face-icon-small-hap-BJ

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
OPTIONAL "bolt on" kit is available for HI elevation only sleds...

SHR HI altitude* pump gas head mod (5000'-9000' or 9000' and up)...
timing bump (dealer)...
choice of cans (loud/quiet) HPS/Dynoport/SPI (all make 1+ hp over stock)...
SHR adj clutch weight kit (industry exclusive) best package on the mountain!!
SHR package deal for $995
call for details and options!!

*stock head is pump gas low elevation so bumping it a little is very helpful at HI elevation...

Last edited:

revx827

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2009
floatingqrs.com
not yet...
wanted to make it run first to see if its worth the effort...
it runs stronger at 80% than my "ringer" XM that easily beats stock 850s...
I plan on spending a day at SPI to dyno...

Npickle- you dont like builders bashing? have you read a certain builders website??

It IS your choice, but after 20 years (9 different BBs) of modding sleds my reputation does speak for itself and defending that reputation is not bashing...

I have a whole drawer full of dyno sheets and used them during the build process of every engine I have done and after I was satisfied with SHR power/durabilty/drivability/clutching I will release it...

if it keeps snowing I will run it out west 1 more time to finalize clutching/fueling:face-icon-small-hap-BJ

Hopefully you get some dyno time and get a chance to get clutching dialed in. Would be useful info for those of us that don't ride stock.
Having ran the p-drive on a 800 etec. How would you compare it to a tra?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Hopefully you get some dyno time and get a chance to get clutching dialed in. Would be useful info for those of us that don't ride stock.
Having ran the p-drive on a 800 etec. How would you compare it to a tra?

dyno time will just verify peak rpm we fund on the hill...
will play with timing, fueling and mufflers to see what is best...
clutching is very close, just lowering engagement and changing ramp profile to "grab" the belt sooner since the 921 has way more torque than stock...
love my TRAs but the Pdrive on the etec is a better clutch-BJ

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Have you had any contact with Bronco at hot rod sled shop on his new weights that have a lower engagement and altered profile, also how about
Broncos fuel mod?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Have you had any contact with Bronco at hot rod sled shop on his new weights that have a lower engagement and altered profile, also how about
Broncos fuel mod?

yes, we are in contact with Branco about his fuel mod (use his for my etecs) and with dobeck/spi to add "air temp tweek" to the spi fuel mod...

SHR spent part of last season/all summer on weight design and have 3 profiles/2 base weights to to tune from plus my weights are the ONLY IN the sled/ON the hill adjustable kit out there PLUS the clickers/cross bolt weights are all in play...

SHR also has 2 diff motor mount kits, OD spring cup, gear specs, turbo clutching, suspension set ups (one stop G4 mountain perf shop) I think we have most covered-BJ

Last edited:
Premium Features