• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grey spark plug

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Grey usually means lean. Are the throttle body adapters good? Are the throttle bodies in the adapters properly? By that I mean did the rubber fold in instead of going around the throttle body on that side? Is the mag side plug the proper color?Did you get all the injectors working properly?Lastly what happens to the idle when you spray WD40 or starting fluid behind primary clutch?

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
The adapters look sealed right . Sprayed all around and don't notice any change in rpm. Mag side looks good, maybe even a little rich. I'm thinking I give up for the year. Probably take motor right out during the summer and check crankcase, it has been welded.

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
A friend of mine that owns a shop rebuilt 2 of these engines over the season noticed that the injector o-rings were shot in the cylinders that went down.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
i did put new ones in, but i will make sure i check them when i pull it back apart, thanks. i'm trying to get block off plates for intake boots and exhaust so i can pressurize the crankcase. just haven't been doing anything lately, snow is all gone here.

Premium Features