• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

aro 200# springs and wr gearing

Jan 4, 2017
so I have some friends that I rode with on Yamaha wr 450's and 2nd gear is to low and 3rd too high what are you guys running for gearing on the kits also would like to try 200 pound springs for the aro but is there a cheaper way to get them than spending $500 for the optional snowcross kit?

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
springs

for springs you need:

8" long
1 7/8" id
200 lb spring
I buy from SouthWest Speed off Ebay, $39 plus $10 shipping

just have to send them a note about what spring rate you want after you pay

M
Jan 14, 2004
Its pretty tough to gear around that motor/flywheel/tranny combo. you could gear up as high as a 15 on the motor and quit using 1st but its the wrong bike in every sense. Down on power, doesn't rev, and kiss of death heavy. Good woods bike though.

M5

Jan 4, 2017
Its pretty tough to gear around that motor/flywheel/tranny combo. you could gear up as high as a 15 on the motor and quit using 1st but its the wrong bike in every sense. Down on power, doesn't rev, and kiss of death heavy. Good woods bike though.

M5
I agree that there are better bikes but its what they have I was thinking of gearing lower to wear 3rd is more usable

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
I have a WR, and found that on my first kit (Moto Trax) I had the same issue. Changed one tooth on the drive sprocket for better results. (Came stock with a 14 tooth.) Switched to a Camso this season and the overall ratio on that kit works with my bike using the stock gearing. I use third almost all day now instead of jumping back to second as I had on the previous kit. On the bright side, with the wide ratio tranny, I still get decent trail speed in 5th. Honestly wouldn't want to go any faster until they invent a ski that isn't as sketchy as what we have now...

Again, there are better bikes out there, but I had the WR and enjoy having one bike for year-round use.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
so I have some friends that I rode with on Yamaha wr 450's and 2nd gear is to low and 3rd too high what are you guys running for gearing on the kits also would like to try 200 pound springs for the aro but is there a cheaper way to get them than spending $500 for the optional snowcross kit?
Fairly certain you can get them through Carls Cycle Sales in Boise.

Premium Features