• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'05 900 fuel injector system

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
How much HP will the fuel system support through the 2 injectors? what kind of fuel injectors does polaris use. are they high/low impedance such as the automotive type or are they different? I can't find anything..

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
How much HP will the fuel system support through the 2 injectors? what kind of fuel injectors does polaris use. are they high/low impedance such as the automotive type or are they different? I can't find anything..

I'm a diesel guy, so I don't know near as much about gas injectors, but lets put it this way, there are guys out there running boost, and the injectors are keeping up just fine to that 280ish mark without any problems. Don't know that you will need anymore than that!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Can't say that I've read about anyone replacing injectors while adding boost... Seems typically people will just add control boxes to control what is going on with them:beer;

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
Thats amazing polaris uses injectors that big. 280 HP? I'd like to find some detailed info. Like what cc they are rated at. I'm building a new (bigger) efi engine and learning more about the polaris system to see what I can get away with. :beer;

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've spent a long time looking into this and I have not been able to find info on flow rates.

I'm sending some 2005 Injectors along with others to get cleaned and flow checked ... I'll post up some info when I get it.

With all of the hot weather storage and poor gas stability these days with our oxygenated fuels... I'm supprised that more people dont have issues with fuel injector performance.... maybe they just arent noticing the performance loss or blaming it on another problem????

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
I'll be watching for that! Are they bosch style?

my sled's tank gets drained for the summer and gets 50% pump fuel in season. haven't had fuel/injector or loss of performance issues yet. I'll keep looking for info too.

Premium Features