• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats your kids ride? Lets see some long tracked??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Just bought this "snofox" for my 3yr old daughter and threw it in the snow the other day. Doesnt work for s***! So...gonna widen out the front stance about 12", widen the rear about the same and try making a track out of an old yammy 340 track... we'll see. It has rubber tires for the front so it'll be an experiment all summer... be 4 next winter, but like everyone finds, not sure her lil thumb will handle these hard throttles? Thinking about possibilities of converting a small sled w a twist throttle?... and dont laugh ya' all, im just workin out the bugs on"her" Exciter 'til she grows into it!
P5100248.jpg

Last edited:
R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
Have to find pictures of my old 1991 Artic Cat Prowler 440 with a 121 great starter sled for the kids . Was light enough to lift out when they got stuck. Always went through the powder great kids loved it . Sold it to friends for his 6 year old to learn on.

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
well im 14 and am riding a 2000 rmk 600, ive been riding sence i was 7 in the backcountry. started on a 97 polaris indy lite 340. heres some pics

Nice!! I'm 16 and i ride the same sled since i was 11 only mines a 700!! I recently stretched it with a 159'' suspension and some twin pipes and alot of good clutch work and she rips! Great sleds..Great motors! :beer;:beer;

Nice, I am 14 too and i ride a 700 dragon. I started out on an indy lite 340 also. Good memoreis :rolleyes:

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Dont give up on the 120 guys . The little track is the main problem . PM me if you want to get real power out of the Cat chassis .

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES018.jpg

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES023.jpg

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES013.jpg

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES019.jpg

Oldest daughter's (11) and her Jag. Rides it like a champ. 2nd Pic is her first 100+ mile day! Middle daughter rides with us and the little guy (3) is stoked to get his first winter on the 120 xcr we just got him.

DSC00185.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00188.jpg
[/IMG]

Son digs gramma's Vette:D

DSC00322.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
W
Feb 14, 2009
I learned to drive at about 10 with my dad on his 600XLT. Then at 12 i started riding the 91' phazer, then 15(last year) i had the 500xcsp. This year i am getting an m6 153

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I wonder if all these teenagers with longtracks are bigboned? What's with a 15year old on a 156? Personally.....I might have been all of 120lbs back then. My 141 440 snopro was perfect for throwing around and learning how to handle a sled. Whenever I jumped on a bigger sled, sure I could ride it but mostly pointing up a hilll and pulling the trigger.....couldn't throw it around the trees like I can now. Not knocking the kids that do have these sleds.....just wouldn't be able to throw my kid brother on my 800 and expect him to follow me through some of the things that we do. If he can put his 440 in the same places we play day in and day out.....I think it helps develop the kids riding style and being able to take a smaller sled into some places is mighty rewarding.....not to mention when he finally upgrades.....I think he'll be much more at home and able to get whatever he's riding into those tricky spots. Just an oberservation.

K
Feb 8, 2005
Yakima, Wa
Boondocker tunnel

Where'd ya get the tunnel? How hard to fit? I have an Exciter II that im ready to longtrack.

I just came across this.............it's a what I guess you would call a VanAmburg prototype. If you want one you can call VE and have him build you one. If he already doesn't have the program to cut the parts then I can get it to him. Others have asked and I'm not sure if he ever got it.
It wasn't any harder to build or install than any other tunnel. We were pretty close on the fit.

chase resize.jpg

Last edited:

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
I wonder if all these teenagers with longtracks are bigboned? What's with a 15year old on a 156? Personally.....I might have been all of 120lbs back then. My 141 440 snopro was perfect for throwing around and learning how to handle a sled. Whenever I jumped on a bigger sled, sure I could ride it but mostly pointing up a hilll and pulling the trigger.....couldn't throw it around the trees like I can now. Not knocking the kids that do have these sleds.....just wouldn't be able to throw my kid brother on my 800 and expect him to follow me through some of the things that we do. If he can put his 440 in the same places we play day in and day out.....I think it helps develop the kids riding style and being able to take a smaller sled into some places is mighty rewarding.....not to mention when he finally upgrades.....I think he'll be much more at home and able to get whatever he's riding into those tricky spots. Just an oberservation.

AGREED!!!;) Honestly, at age 33 and 190lbs i FINALLY got a 151 800 last season (due to funds). Grew up on an '82 enticer 340 til I was 17 or so, last 4 seasons on mountain 600s (numerous types-again,funds) And I can wow a group EVERY time with how I can keep up on these lil sleds because i KNOW how to RIDE them. At 16, I broke trail for a WILDCAT 700 with that lil 340 up a mountain canyon and ridge because my skills were more advanced (pretty sure I can dig out some OLD pics for proof)...he couldnt manuever his sled. Two seasons ago a friend bought his "first" sled...162" M7. I can kill him in "boondocking,sidehilling,etc" on ANY of those 600's and til this year could even highmark him! (he finally learned how to "point and shoot"!) I told him to start on a 600 and work up, I think his riding skills would be MUCH further along... kids (and how many of them ACTUALLY are getting these BIG sleds and arent just "bragging"...) get a 136 600...learn to go where your dad can go (dont worry about beating his "highmark")... i GAURENTEE it will pay off!

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
More incentive?... blew up my 800 and both of my 600's! Spent over 50% of this season on a STOCK '92 Exciter... at age 33 and 190+lbs. Riding 7,000-10,500ft... and the crowd NEVER had to leave me behind! The video links have footage of 600 mountainmax, 600ZRT, Exciter

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=56815444

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=48266378

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38619825

P5170271.jpg

sleddinwjake011.jpg

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID

I know you are not trying to "knock" us teens, but me at the age of 14 can keep up with the adults easily riding my dragon 700 163. I learned how to ride on an indy lite 340 till the age of 9, then moved up to a 97' super sport 488 till 12. Then i rode a indy 600 till just this season when i got my new sled. I can sidehill, boondock, etc. just fine. Like i mentioned earlier, riding with turbo sleds and older people make you learn how to ride trees real fast.
Brad

Premium Features