• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 base with aftermarket shocks or hardcore

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
How is arctic cat shock packages? Trying to decide on geting the hardcore or just getting a base model and getting some raptor or zbroz shocks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Good question, I would buy the base model and revalve the stock shocks if needed. Similar to what Carl’s was doing with the stock walker Evans shocks. Unless you really want that led headlight:face-icon-small-sho

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Good question, I would buy the base model and revalve the stock shocks if needed. Similar to what Carl’s was doing with the stock walker Evans shocks. Unless you really want that led headlight:face-icon-small-sho
Thought about that, i had carls revalved we shocks on my axys and they were awesome until the got hot and faded going through the whooped out trail. Thinking something with a resi might work better. Also who is the arctic cat revalve expert?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Most people that have tried revalving the zero pros have not been satisfied. For me I have decided I am going hardcore. Yes you could get better shocks for slightly more than the $1000 difference if you went base model and aftermarket but that could also potentially give them reason to void your warranty on the rail if you happened to have an issue. Also the headlight and stronger boards as well as just a better looking sled are other factors I considered to justify the hardcore. I think for most people the shocks on the hardcore are plenty of shock it is just a question if they have the valving dialed for your style.

Andy Youngstrom in Rigby gasshockrepair is the fox guru if revalve is necessary.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I don't have an answer for you on the shocks. But I did see all three models at Jackson last weekend. In person I like the dark gray HC/Base over the silver MT Cat.

If I were snowchecking this year I would go with the HC. I would find that sweet spot setting for the ski shocks and RTS, then adjust the spring tension on the FTS based on snow conditions. The HC model I saw the FTS was a Q3 shock.

Premium Features