• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trying stiffer shock pressures

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I haven’t been here in a while. Wanted to try higher track shock pressures as recommended by someone on here( 190psi RTS and 130psi FTS) and by someone I met in the parking lot. Been running 130 and 60 and liked it but the sled wheelies out on steep climbs and it’s trenching more than I think it should. The first settings listed seemed REALLY high so I tried 170 and 75 and I a;so upped my ski shocks to 75 from 70. Might be better in the pow but I hated it in hard spring snow. Not as harsh a ride as I thought but it was really tough to get in on edge and stay on edge. Fought the sled all day. I don’t really like to ride hard snow much but I had a chance to ride with a buddy that I haven’t had for a couple of months. Still want to try it in the deep.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I tried something similar - 154:

Skis - 70
FTS - 75
RTS - 170

All setting 2

It was super hard to control in the spring/hero snow and keep on edge. After fighting it for two hours, I dropped the FTS to 65 and changed to knob to 1 on the ski shocks. It was a huge difference, so much easier to ride/control. I left the RTS at 170 (up from 140 I rode at all winter) and the skis at 70 (up from 60). It’s wild the difference it made pulling 10lbs out of the FTS on the hard snow. I do not know how you could control the sled at 130 on FTS when the snow is hard, may work ok in pow. I do like the higher ski and RTS pressure. The sled was to “jolty”/“divey” with the skis pressure at 60. Even with the additional 30 in the RTS, I could lift the skis over anything needed. Warming up fast so likely will have to wait until next winter to find a good powder setting.

Over all I do think the valving is off on the 19 shocks, especially the RTS.

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Funny.... When said pressures were posted in that thread I seem to remember commenting that those numbers were going to be unrideable for most people. I truly do not know how the poster can ride that sled. Anything over 65 in the fronts and 75 in the middle was terrible in my opinion... Still think the front is pretty harsh and could benefit greatly from a revalve.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I am a big guy. 275ish ready to ride. I like the skis at 70PSI, even at that pressure i run on 2 or 3. If the high pressure on the skid shocks were going to work it would be for deep snow. I do like how this sled responds to changes tho. You can feel 5-10lbs of air and a click on the shocks. I am going to send the shocks to Toms in the off season and get more rebound damping added and probably stiffer compression damping. I rarely use setting one and the lockout on the rear shock is useless unless you are climbing steep hills.

Premium Features