• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gotta give credit to cat

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Have you sealed your hood up? I agree with you on how nice it handles and how the traction it gets is ridiculous. With that said I am not to impressed with cat not sealing these acsender hoods up under warranty. Mine is now sealed up with silicone and a layer of grease around the hood to the intake boot. Overall it's a good sled, but for the cost of them I expect better warranty for manufacture defects.

Mine just went down from snow ingestion mag warranty rebuild they said they have had others before mine as well

B
Feb 25, 2018
250lbs with gear
Front 70 setting 1
Front rear 130 setting 2
Back rear 190 setting 2
Got this straight from a cat technician on the phone at the dealership. Worked wonders changed the whole flow of the sled.

Anyone else tried so hard settings??

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Cat highly recommends not going under 70lbs in the rear front shock. They contribute low front shocks pressures to the mono rail failure, which I believe is why we are getting a rear front shock with a spring for 2020. Also that’s going to create a lot of ski pressure, which you may or may not like. Just my 2cents

For the Alpha Mountain Cat it lists Fox Float QS3 for all shocks.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Anyone else tried so hard settings??

May work in powder but spring snow I’m not sure how you can ride with that much pressure in the front track shock. I tried 75 and it was to wild. Dropped it down to 65 and it was a huge difference. Again this is hero snow.

Premium Features