• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 IGNITE active thermal Goggles??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
33c87e68e13dbe8b6d1ae3e2f7ec3f31.jpg

wardy

Premium Member
Jun 7, 2008
Central point Oregon
First pair that actually do what they say the clear up in no time. You can feel the heat but it's mild, don't dry your eyes out, clears every inch of your goggles
I sweat like a pig so I've always had fogging issues. These flat out work.
Got the black ops polarized kingpins on eBay for 199.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I wonder how long the battery will last in the cold. You know how everything dies much quicker in the really cold months. My GoPro for instance!

the guys in the booth are saying it solid for full day
but also suggest just buying a 2nd battery so its a NON issue no matter what happens

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Can the battery pack and lens be applied to an older set of X5 goggles?

B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
I REALLY like that 509 appears to be focused mostly on snowmobiling and I want to support them BUT... They charge a premium and they're not always worth the premium. I see a replacement battery for those suckers is $90 woof!!

Totally agree....I own 2-3 of each model of 509 goggs...they all fog unless she’s bluebird. Will be nice to have a heated lense tho!

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
If these work as good as my heated ABOM googles do they are going to be a hot seller.. I plan to try a pair,they will most likely seal to my 509 helmet a little better then the ABOMs.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
With the battery pack on the strap it doesn't look like there is any way to use quick straps with these.
I will have to see if my dealer will get some in stock so I can do a hands on I suppose.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If these work as good as my heated ABOM googles do they are going to be a hot seller.. I plan to try a pair,they will most likely seal to my 509 helmet a little better then the ABOMs.

They told me they have selling VERY VERY WELL.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
With the battery pack on the strap it doesn't look like there is any way to use quick straps with these.
I will have to see if my dealer will get some in stock so I can do a hands on I suppose.

Yeah you're correct. I had these in my hands today and I think I might be able to come up with a contraption to use the quickies...but it will be a difficult challenge for sure.

Or...might just keep them in the backpack for one of those ultra high sweat, low viz days.

I need quick straps.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
So is the heat on all the time or can you switch it off and just use it to clear them? Just thinking of how I drive my car in a snow storm, you know how leaving the defroster on you need to keep the wipers on to see anything. Where as switching the heat to the floor and letting the windshield cool off you don't even need the wipers on.
Isn't every bit of snow you stir up going to stick to this goggle and make poor vision?

I hope I'm wrong, seems people have spent alot of coin on em

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I was finally able to swing by my dealer the other day.
These are also available in the sinister frame style.
I went ahead and picked up a pair, still not sure if I will deal with the straps or rig something else up.
Looks easy enough to build a longer power cable and stick the battery inside your coat, but then you are dealing with a wire every time you take off your goggles.
I have a habit of letting my goggles just hang by the quick strap (when its not snowing sideways) so maybe it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Premium Features