• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro armor tether failure

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
You can take them apart and clean the contact pretty easily, I did it with mine and put a very light coat of dielectric grease on them and they have worked flawlessly for 3 years.
Ian

Yep, I did the same thing and it worked for a long time. The definitely require yearly maintenance and it is probably a good idea to add the grease when new it eliminate this issue, right off the bat.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I have had fantastic results with the ProArmor BUT that magnetic tether is likely the best tether out right now.

I have my ProArmor tether mounted on top of the steering block, how did you have yours mounted OP?

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Between base of bars and cross bar.. it cant really get hit or mangled where its at.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
they have o-rings inside. mine was broke. cleaned, replaced o-ring, shot of spray grease, works like a charm. get in habit of pulling it once or twice a ride to make sure rather than using kill switch. maybe ill just get rid of kill switch, or key.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I have used the stock Polaris tether on all of our machines (8 or 9) since 1998 and have never had one fail to kill the engine when needed and this usually happens to my sled at least 2 or three times on every ride as the dumb ass rider (me in this case) falls off! Only once did the tether switch not kill the engine when it should have and that was because the tether was was wrapped around the powder bar and stretched and came off the D ring on my vest. Bad on me for not checking! I think that the stock Polaris tether switch is hard to beat but only my opinion here!!!!
gtwitch in wyoming

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Mine failed after 1 year using it on my 15sba. Now its on my 16 axys. I took the pro armor apart, (super easy). you can fix it in less than 30 minutes. Take it off, take it apart, clean the contacts with sand paper or anything to rough up the contacts. spray a light oil like wd40 in there, just a tiny bit, helps with corrosion. Now its worked good for 3 seasons since I've done that. Good luck

Premium Features