• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ever Cross Country Race?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I did the Bellevue "B" back in 2000.
It was held north of Ketchum, ID up at Baker Creek.
Mountain cross country course.
Two laps. 30 miles each.

I was 27 years old, 130 pounds and in lean, mean phenomenal shape (lifetime wrestler).
Had my new piped 800 RMK 136, GenII.
But for three days afterward, I've never hurt so much in my life.
OMG!!!

Haha. I know what that "B" stood for.

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
I did a vintage cross country the last couple years. White river rumble in Meeker CO in 2017&18. 30 plus miles one back country loop. For the vintage sleds, I think it was around 70 for modern semi & pro classes. I did it riding a 1983 John Deere liqufire 440. I couldn't walk when I got back to the finish. My buddies had to load the sled for me and my wife had to tie my shoes. I hurt for a week! But was right back the next year for more punishment:face-icon-small-hap

I did a vintage cross country the last couple years. White river rumble in Meeker CO in 2017&18. 30 plus miles one back country loop. For the vintage sleds, I think it was around 70 for modern semi & pro classes. I did it riding a 1983 John Deere liqufire 440. I couldn't walk when I got back to the finish. My buddies had to load the sled for me and my wife had to tie my shoes. I hurt for a week! But was right back the next year for more punishment:face-icon-small-hap

That is insane on Vintage!

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
1985 St. Anthony, ID 101 miler. West Yellowstone, MT to St. Anthony,ID
Five man teams. I was riding 1984 Yamaha SRV. Was -38 in West when race started. Brutal, but I was 19 and didn’t care! All five sleds had to cross finish line in St. Anthony to place. We towed an Polaris Indy 600 and a Yamaha Vmax across finish line. We finished 11th out of 16 teams dragging two sleds and two riders doubled up! But hey, we finished and got our 101 cap and Coors decal!

1985 St. Anthony, ID 101 miler. West Yellowstone, MT to St. Anthony,ID
Five man teams. I was riding 1984 Yamaha SRV. Was -38 in West when race started. Brutal, but I was 19 and didn’t care! All five sleds had to cross finish line in St. Anthony to place. We towed an Polaris Indy 600 and a Yamaha Vmax across finish line. We finished 11th out of 16 teams dragging two sleds and two riders doubled up! But hey, we finished and got our 101 cap and Coors decal!

Now that is a cool story Dude!

Premium Features