• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 to 2020 HP difference ?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
We all want reliability...riders and the manufacturer.
I am quite sure no one likes to spend upwards of $16,000 for a toy that craters.

Don't kid yourself, look how many sleds Polaris sells... They claimed years of testing, most reliable ever... Almost 60 of them listed dead in a poll here, more than one per day since the poll was started.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
my cats have always been more reliable than my polaris', many cats and many polaris'....since the retirement of the rest of my riding group, i ride by myself frequently, reliability is paramount, my alpha fits the bill of easy riding, capability, and dependability....just my experience, which is the most important to me...:face-icon-small-hap

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’m surprised(shocked really) how much fuel and how little oil my Alpha uses. It’s like an inch below the neck in the giant azz heavy oil tank when I’m burning 7-8 gallons of fuel and that’s in 30 miles of hard riding, maybe 40 tops. I should have been measuring it so I’d have hard data. On my ProLite 900 it was premix and I ran it 28-1. Gotta be 2.5 times, maybe 3tines the oil I’m using now. Also I should have been premixing a little, been dumb not too.
My Doo 850 is better on gas, maybe 6 gallons when’d burn 8 on the Cat but oil consumption is way higher. 6 gallons of gas uses over half a tank filled to the neck. I’d bet there’s just a tiny bit of oil in the tank if you ran the gas close to dry.

Last edited:
D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
I find it interesting that if it has more power why have we not heard a peep out of Kincaid or Maclure. Makes me suspicious you would think they would be plastering the internet with the new motor if it was that much better. I guess time will tell all I know is my 19 alpha is amazing ?

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
I find it interesting that if it has more power why have we not heard a peep out of Kincaid or Maclure. Makes me suspicious you would think they would be plastering the internet with the new motor if it was that much better. I guess time will tell all I know is my 19 alpha is amazing ?

we haven't heard from them because they haven't ridden it. it is still under final development. the whole "165" is simply marketing to align with the other manufacturers motors. the actual output of the motor will be right in line with the current ctec2.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007

MacLure did comment on his Instagram account that it makes and feels like the 2020 has more power.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Oil in the gas also changes the BTUs available from the mixture. You remove the Explosive part of it and add a Flammable one .. Just run it on Diesel!!

The next problem!! You've changed your compression ratios. The Gasoline changes to a Gas under pressure . Oil stays as a liquid so it effectively raises the compression so a higher octane is needed. But the oil has removed a fair amount of the BTUs so the Higher octane won't matter.

We have fought this for years putting premix on injected motors. the

Then comes Ethanol and Two Strokes. Ya I'd just say leave it alone !!

Spring order only and Euro Emmision help .. Sounds like the 82 Arctic Cats.. can't wait to see the 83's ( still waiting!!!!)

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
people who have no intention of buying are the ones still whining about the spring order deal.
watch the poo 850 get less hp as they try to straighten out the cr@p, as the cat keeps cranking it up reliably.

Premium Features