• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oakley inferno and abom?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Justin, I've got the abom and they are awesome unless the battery goes dead. They did finally let me down this year. Heavy fog and moisture and couldn't get rid of it. I have the big pair so they don't fit your face and helmet perfect. They didn't have the heat yet. I also tried 509 ignite and had problems with them. It's like they get too hot and you're looking through running water. Been one of those years. If I was going to have trouble you would have thought it would have been last year because this was early when our snow wasn't that stellar. You won't be sorry with aboms. 1 pair vs packing 3.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Looking for any updates or more reviews looking to pick up a set. Thanks

Follow up to my previous comment, I picked up a set of Abom heets, replacing my Abom One's. Much smaller and lighter. I've got three days on them now, just as stoked on them as the first set but digging how much lighter and smaller they are. No problems with helmet fit and they don't push down on my nose like the One's did. I think buying a second set is a testiment to how bad ass these goggles are especially given they are $300.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i used ignites last year, gray lens, they were ok, not great...bummer having to take them off to see led setting, need to know without taking them off....used the abom heets, rose color, this year, they have the led in peripheral vision, they work well, but only last about 3.5 hours if conditions require a lot of usage, but don't have battery pack to think about....probably try oakley next year, as neither of the mentioned goggles knocked it out of the park for me..:face-icon-small-fro

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
i used ignites last year, gray lens, they were ok, not great...bummer having to take them off to see led setting, need to know without taking them off....used the abom heets, rose color, this year, they have the led in peripheral vision, they work well, but only last about 3.5 hours if conditions require a lot of usage, but don't have battery pack to think about....probably try oakley next year, as neither of the mentioned goggles knocked it out of the park for me..:face-icon-small-fro

I can agree somewhat on the battery life. On the mountain riding 15+ degrees i could get a days ride out of the battery using the heet only when necessary but here at home i did a fair share of riding in subzero temps and the battery life is about half. In a nutshell it seem to be dependent on outside temps. However they work well. Hopefully they will come out with a “Heet 2” with better battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features