• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another Trailer Floor Option

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Looks Great. I get its "free floating" but what about trailers that have "O" track the full length of the trailer. What prevents them from moving?

You can actually cut the tile and but it up against and start a new tile on the other side. Once installed, just go back and run a few stainless steel screws to secure in areas.

Talked about this idea with a couple other guys and I'm pretty sure I discussed this with the Rep. from SwissTrax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zal

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta and Northern BC
You can actually cut the tile and but it up against and start a new tile on the other side. Once installed, just go back and run a few stainless steel screws to secure in areas.

Talked about this idea with a couple other guys and I'm pretty I discussed this with the Rep. from SwissTrax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that might work with my set up.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Update...............................

Couple trips with the new floor and it is working great!!!

The sleds slide across with ease and you have to look extremely close to see any marks left behind by the carbides, which are basically none!!

What snow falls off, falls through and subsequently melts and runs out. What snow doesn't completely melt and becomes ice, is easy to kick loose and sweep out!

The very last pic is a close up of where the carbides have been run across.

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

Last edited:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
so coincidentally a roofing contractor who snowmobiles called me yesterday about a project we are working on then it hit me - what about roofing membrane below carpet or race deck flooring? this will keep the water out of the subflooring, its lights weight, and pretty durable. he had a 10' x 30' remnant for me to try it out with. once the race season is over in a couple weeks i'll get to installing it and see how it works out.

i wanted EPDM but he had TPO - so TPO it is.

I personally wouldn't do it. If and when the decking gets wet, that moisture will remain trapped and you will have rotten wood so fast. Same applies to spray in liners. The only way to prevent this would be to guarantee the wood can't get wet or it can breath and dry out 100% quickly.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Those tiles look slippery when wet.

Actually its not as bad as one would think. If there is any water dripping it drips right through to the floor. As far as ice build up, there is way less!!! What ice or snow that sticks to the tile can be broke off much easier and then is swept out and its gone!! Prior to installing the tiles, ice would stick and build up to the plywood floor much easier and faster.

Overall the floor is doing great and barely shows any where at all. The sleds slide across but once the sled is parked and the parking brake set, there not moving at all during the trip.

D

DeckTred

Oct 31, 2016
Nice work! looks good!

We tested man brands of floor tiles before we decided to go with DeckTred. One of those reasons was the traction aspect and not being slippery when wet and icy. The tops of our tiles have square edges to help engage with the cleats on the bottom of your shoes providing more traction.

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 268

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Did you do your floor in one large piece or two? Im thinking about doing mine in two pieces to make it easier to remove, but maybe its not bad as one?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Any updates on how the floor tiles are holding up over the past year? Positives? negatives?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trailer floor is holding up just fine!! The carbides hardly leave any marks, even new carbides. My IQR has new studs and I ended up spinning by mistake on the floor and it left some marks, but honestly the marks weren't bad at all!

So far, I'm very happy with the floor. It looks good and it's holding up really well!!

M
Sep 9, 2013
Trailer floor is holding up just fine!! The carbides hardly leave any marks, even new carbides. My IQR has new studs and I ended up spinning by mistake on the floor and it left some marks, but honestly the marks weren't bad at all!

So far, I'm very happy with the floor. It looks good and it's holding up really well!!

Have you peeled back the floor tiles to inspect the underlayment? Curious how your deck is holding up with this approach.

Boblee

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2019
Wow FatDogX, what an awesome thread! The research you did was incredible. I will be following your lead. Thanks!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The actual trailer floor looks great underneath the tiles. You have to remember that the tiles are 'flow though" and breath, thus letting the floor dry, like normal.

Honesty, the tiles have been an awesome investment for the trailer floor. They are holding up great, look great and are functional!!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Boblee, if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask !!!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Just a bump as the new season is getting going!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Any summer use with your trailer? If a person was using this in a dual purpose trailer it could be tough to clean the dirt/sand out of it. Maybe a shop vac with a wide head attachment would suck the dirt up out of it?

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
boondocker97 - YES, I have these tiles in my garage and in my snowmobile trailer, and you can absolutely vacuum dirt/debris out from them with a shop vac. You can also pull them out and blow/swwp the floor and reinstall in a relatively short amount of time:)

Premium Features