• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elk and Deer Hunters

What is the biggest Elk or Deer you have killed. Pictures would help. Some our hunters killed last year, more on website at www.lostcanyonoutfitters.com
100_0082.jpg
\
Bull.jpg

Gary.jpg

Joe.jpg

And i cant find the picture of our really big deer.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
My biggest deer todate I shot last year.. I will get a pic of it up when i get the mount back.. 169 1/4 net B&C score

havent killed a monster elk yet.. only two of them.. 315 with my bow... and 335 7/8 with my rifle..

btw.. looking to trade an antelope hunt (archery or rifle).. for a mountain lion hunt.. pm me if somebody is interested.. :D

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
i've shot a lot but never anything real huge

In most hunt towns you can wait outside of the bar and around 8pm the hunters start roooooooooooooooooooooolin in. When they go inside, pick your rack out and go shoot a doe and get it mounted ;)

Cabelas bought one of my doe bucks last year :face-icon-small-hap Was good for a set of twin pipes and contraband :devil::devil:

Shot a 31" Muley a few years ago and a pretty nice bull, dont have pics on this puter though :eek: Got a Stag whitetail being mounted now, wont get it back for another month, he's wild, picked that rack outta the back of a truck in Broadus MT :p;)

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Here is my deer. 34 7/8" wide, and just over 190.

My biggest bear is small, but it was with a bow, spot and stalk in southern utah so it was cool, and my biggest elk will be shoot this september. I drew a Book Cliffs Archery elk tag with only 4 POINTS!!! :heart::heart:

Utah Buck.jpgk.jpg

H
Nov 26, 2007
Back in Idaho
I always seem to kill (3 bulls and ~15 bucks), but usually nothing big. I did kill a 27" buck 3 years ago, but it was spindly-horned and none too impressive. So due to my habit of letting the large ones breed, here is a 38" buck that dad killed many moons ago, and a 49" X 49" bull elk that my sister killed on her first elk hunt. As you can see, mom likes to decorate them during X-mas.

Various 001.jpg

Various 002.jpg

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
That buck is a doosy!! My buddies looks very similar!! Made it into the boon a Crocket books even after the deductions.
I always seem to kill (3 bulls and ~15 bucks), but usually nothing big. I did kill a 27" buck 3 years ago, but it was spindly-horned and none too impressive. So due to my habit of letting the large ones breed, here is a 38" buck that dad killed many moons ago, and a 49" X 49" bull elk that my sister killed on her first elk hunt. As you can see, mom likes to decorate them during X-mas.

View attachment 19433

View attachment 19434

H
Nov 26, 2007
Back in Idaho
That buck is a doosy!! My buddies looks very similar!! Made it into the boon a Crocket books even after the deductions.

Dad has not even had it scored, so I don't know where it would end up. He is stubborn that way. Any guesses from someone who has experience scoring bucks???

It has a couple of cheaters, as you can see. the largest drawback is that it is only about 22" tall. One thing is for sure, you don't see many of the 5-point based racks anymore.

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
The outside spread was around 32". The mass of this deers antlers are what makes him impressive.. With the same set of antlers with an average gurth he would have been a 190 class buck.. The cheaters are my favorite.. the brow tines are small on him

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
It's a deer of a life time with out a doubt. However, looking at it closer the symmetry is off quite a bit. It is a non-typical specimen, which requires some serious height, width and girth to make it in. They would make multiple deductions from the scoring. I don't think it would quite make it in. Close though.

I have seen deer that don't look nearly as impressive make it in simply because of good width, height and damn near perfect symmetry.

Surely nothing to be ashamed of!!

You should take it to a outdoor expo and have it scored!
I surely could be wrong.

Dad has not even had it scored, so I don't know where it would end up. He is stubborn that way. Any guesses from someone who has experience scoring bucks???

It has a couple of cheaters, as you can see. the largest drawback is that it is only about 22" tall. One thing is for sure, you don't see many of the 5-point based racks anymore.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
How do you guys find the time and cash to do both? My sled addiction has really cut into my hunting!

Premium Features