• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PR2 RACING, Revolutionary New Technology available !!!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Here is a map list from PR2. Maps 1,2,3 are trail with rpm limits. Maps 4,5,6 are snow cross MR12 Fuel maps with different fuel additions. Maps 7,8 powder maps with different timing and fuel. Maps 9,10 are dirt maps with stock and added fuel maps.

Here is the list:

5d2kh.png

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Nice. Thank you for the clarification. What map are you running?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I havent tried 3 yet. Just dont see the point of over rev on the trail for myself. If i was racing maybe. You have to be careful with high rpm imo. Just like to get to the riding area. Its a little harder to switch maps on the Yamaha since the ecu is under the seat and in front of fuel tank. Have to take it apart to swith the X10.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
It is slightly easier on the KTM. You still have to get the ecu out of the rubber holder. The little tabs are a PIA. I wouldn't want to do it when cold.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Well got to talk to jeff today and this info is for the 17 fc450. The factory map switch works with the pr2 and when the handlebar switch is on 1, the map selected on the pr2 is active, 1-10, and if the handlebar switch is set to #2, map seven is active. Have rode with this ecu and the pro circuit t6 and all I can say is wow...

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
What is the big difference between this and the Vortex ECU that many are installing on their KTM's now days?

It looks amazingly close in color, size, casing etc...??

S

Sasksummit

Nov 26, 2007
Lloydminster AB CA
Hard Starting

So I am new to the snowbike world. Built a 2015 KTM 450 sxf. I put my PR2 on the other day on 7. Now it seems to crank forever before it starts. Unlike the stock ECU when you bump the starter you hear the fuel pump kick in for a couple seconds. With the PR2 I don't hear it and it's hard starting cold but seems ok once warm. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm concerned this will be an issue once I get it out in the mountains. Thx.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Pr2

Saskssummit, I recently tried the pr2 on my 17 yz450fx. Similar starting results. It starts very quickly with stock ecu, cranks much longer with pr2. Also didn't run as good when cold and warming up. Unfortunately, only able to evaluate on stationary bike, no snow. Tried additional fuel setting per Jeff with limited change. The pr2 is back with Jeff now for evaluation. He has been great to work with. I'm still optimistic.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Saskssummit, I recently tried the pr2 on my 17 yz450fx. Similar starting results. It starts very quickly with stock ecu, cranks much longer with pr2. Also didn't run as good when cold and warming up. Unfortunately, only able to evaluate on stationary bike, no snow. Tried additional fuel setting per Jeff with limited change. The pr2 is back with Jeff now for evaluation. He has been great to work with. I'm still optimistic.

I believe that you need to hold the starter button down when cold for approximately 6 seconds then let it up and wait a few seconds and push it again. As I understood this, the ECU goes through a calibration during those cycles. Mine starts right up if I do that. I suppose Jeff can elaborate on this for us.

S

Sasksummit

Nov 26, 2007
Lloydminster AB CA
I believe that you need to hold the starter button down when cold for approximately 6 seconds then let it up and wait a few seconds and push it again. As I understood this, the ECU goes through a calibration during those cycles. Mine starts right up if I do that. I suppose Jeff can elaborate on this for us.

Thanks I will give that a try. I took it out today on the little skiff off snow we have and it pulls hard. Just concerned about the hard starting.

J800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
Redmond Washington
I put the PR2 ecu on my 14 KTM sxf I found that the bike will start easily if I don't choke it no matter what the outside temps are. If I choke it it takes a lot of revaluations to get it to fire. The bike runs really clean now no over fueling, no random flame out and holds temps much better.

Premium Features