• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 m8 brake assembly help?

M
Nov 27, 2007
bonney lake
ok so i changed the 2 bearings in the brake assembly and no im reinstalling the track and cant figure out where the spacers go.
i got the one between the bearings inside the brake assembly. and cant remember if the other goes on the jackshaft or the brake rotor side .ive looked at the manual and the blow up pics.and am lost. thanks

J
Aug 31, 2011
13.gif

which ones? I assume #40

Last edited:
D
Mar 5, 2014
That long bolt goes into the diamond drive gear. You can only see that with the diamond drive removed. Its the bottom gear. They break off a lot in that gear.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I doubt you can put a nut on it. Really doubt it.

Did it tighten up at all then wouldnt tighten any more? If the bolt is the same length and there is no evidence of female threads on it I would be doubtful it stripped. If stripped, looks like the gear/bearing is $135 or so.

Is the dd bolted to the tunnel and snugged flush? Been a while since i have had mine out so not sure what prevents it from turning, like the brake prob needs to be locked to keep track from turning.

Premium Features