• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New snowbike kit: Snowtech MX Adrenaline

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
I saw these kits first hand at Yellowstone a week ago. We were up there with our timbersleds. The buddy that brought a sled was going to rent one but then backed out, so unfortunately didn't get to ride one.

The pricing for the kit was excellent, considering it comes standard with a pivot (tss) shock.

I have to say this about the kit. It is very very well engineered. It looks like it was designed and manufactured by an OEM, whereas if you ask me, the timbersled kit looks like it was built in a garage (keep in mind I ride a timbersled, and think they work great, they just clearly don't have engineering and manufacturing at a high level).

Its great to see competition like this out there. It will force everyone to get better or compete on price. Next time I'm there (in one month) I'm renting one.

snowtechmx kits

We have been running Snow tech MX kits in our rental fleet in West Yellowstone and are extremely happy performance of these kits. The customer service from the company has been unbelievable and if any problems do arise they get right after it. The only kit I know of that you can ride down the trail with one hand and not have to fear for your life.

K
Jan 2, 2016
I'm wondering about the rear suspension.
Suspension arm and shock hardpoint locations like that make it awfully degressive or falling rate suspension.
Is that done on purpose?
Does the third shock compensate this?

In my books the reason why dirtbikes ride so well is that they have rising rate suspension which gives them that plush bottomless feeling.

Then again EZryde (and few others) are also falling rate suspensions and still people seem to love them.

A

AdamTBO

Dec 7, 2014
I'm wondering about the rear suspension.
Suspension arm and shock hardpoint locations like that make it awfully degressive or falling rate suspension.
Is that done on purpose?
Does the third shock compensate this?

In my books the reason why dirtbikes ride so well is that they have rising rate suspension which gives them that plush bottomless feeling.

Then again EZryde (and few others) are also falling rate suspensions and still people seem to love them.

There are two pivot points on the front track shock, and both shocks pivot and "lay down" as they compress. They don't just stay static and bottom out. The front strut shock does also add more dynamic to the suspension overall. It softens a lot of stress and shock to the rider and the kit. We have put a lot of time and testing into our shock positions. As long as the spring shock is adjusted for the riders weight and the air shock has the proper PSI for rider weight you won't bottom out as long as you aren't pushing the bike to unreasonable limits. I might add that we have 18 inches of travel too!

W
Jan 19, 2016
Kit compare

How does your kit compare to timbersled? Any one ridden both? I know timber sled had Allan magnums mtn tamer style suspension. What's special and better about your kits? And what dealer options do you have. Feel free to email dealer info to mtcreekweld@gmail.com

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com

Kaarlonen, We agree 100%, that is why the MotoTrax kit uses a dirt bike inspired rising rate linkage and a patent pending pivoting skid that provides 18 degrees of total lean, nine in each direction.

It is really nice to see the industry taking off and it is good that there are so many companies working to provide better performance with innovative snow bike kits. The friendly competition will certainly push the industry in the right direction.

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Outstanding customer service, good kit

Hats off to Jaron for a great-looking and handling kit. I rode mine for the first time last week and it did very well in hardpack and powder. Mounted to a '15 YZ450F, both performed very well. The on-board fuel cans came in handy as we were both out of gas near the end of the day. I have the 129" track and felt like it hooked up well. The modified Simmons 10" ski also handled well. I was able to swap back and forth on the same ride between a CMX 129" with Yeti ski and the Adrenaline. Both same 129" tracks. CMX mounted to '15 KTM SXF 450. The Yeti ski maybe felt a bit more "planted" but the Adrenaline front end felt much lighter. Might've been bike setup, KTM was geared super low and felt tractor-ish compared to the YZ/Adrenaline. I feel like both are good kits and appreciate the good customer service/support from both CMX and SnowtechMX. I like the fact that TS is being pushed, competition is good for the sport and the consumer in the end.

A

AdamTBO

Dec 7, 2014
Hats off to Jaron for a great-looking and handling kit. I rode mine for the first time last week and it did very well in hardpack and powder. Mounted to a '15 YZ450F, both performed very well. The on-board fuel cans came in handy as we were both out of gas near the end of the day. I have the 129" track and felt like it hooked up well. The modified Simmons 10" ski also handled well. I was able to swap back and forth on the same ride between a CMX 129" with Yeti ski and the Adrenaline. Both same 129" tracks. CMX mounted to '15 KTM SXF 450. The Yeti ski maybe felt a bit more "planted" but the Adrenaline front end felt much lighter. Might've been bike setup, KTM was geared super low and felt tractor-ish compared to the YZ/Adrenaline. I feel like both are good kits and appreciate the good customer service/support from both CMX and SnowtechMX. I like the fact that TS is being pushed, competition is good for the sport and the consumer in the end.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Thanks for the feedback!

A

AdamTBO

Dec 7, 2014
Oh yes, I am glad you asked. Our brake system is designed and built completely by Snowtech. It is integrated into the main shaft, hidden next to the track drivers. One of our main goals was to streamline the brake system and keep it out of sight. Our last two seasons of testing our current brake system have shown great results. I will try to post some pictures of the assembly next week.

I have seen a few guys set up a front brake lever. I will be doing so in a couple weeks on my own setup. I will post some pictures.

A

AdamTBO

Dec 7, 2014
Most guys swear by the hand brake lever, I'm debating going back to foot, just seems like it would be easier.

All personal preference I suppose. I use my front brake at least 80% more wether on a dirt bike or street bike. Are you running a braided line on your handbrake?

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Went out for a quick first ride on my new SnowtechMX 129 CR500AF today. I am very impressed with this kit. The engineering and craftsmanship makes the Timbersled look like a homebuilt. The fit and finish is top notch, everything bolted up to my bike like it was factory. The chain tension is set within the swingarm, and it has UHMW sliders everywhere for the chain. The suspension is the best I have rode to date of any bike. The brake never faded on me or iced up at all, and snow did not accumulate on the tunnel and frame like it does on a TS. The weight feels about the same as a 16 TS, but the Snowtech's build looks like you could drop off a 100ft cliff onto a rock without hesitation. Everything is metric, so I was able to dump all my SAE tools from my tool kit. I am very happy I got this kit.

Our ride got cut short so I didn't have a chance to take many photos. I hope to go again Friday.
If you live in WA or BC and want to try it out feel free to come on a ride and try it.
347-559-8223
Chris

upload_-1.jpg

24427144910_b24c873bd0_h_d.jpg

24427144710_0660883b50_h_d.jpg

Last edited:

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
too bad you had such low snow conditions :face-icon-small-ton!

Premium Features