• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Wish List / Predictions

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Sorry, the web info is not quite ready yet give us a little time, it is worth waiting for. Thank you for understanding.

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
There are a few parts on the 16 kits that are the same at the 15 kits.

Last edited:
C
Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Need to do away with the key way design. Always has been a trouble spot and finally sheared the new shorter style that came with the needed bearing upgrade kit after only a few rides on a stock 505 ktm. Splines are a better design IMOP. Gauled up new drive shaft and gear.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
new stuff

some good sled upgrades at expo, after 50 years of nursing that sport along its always nice to see the factories finding the money to upgrade to aftermarket standards.

tried to buy some snobike snow pants..........nonce in sight ?
Klim at least had heard of them.

wandered out to the air port to see how the bike demo's were doing. never ideal riding conditions out there for any newbie..........slush and ice. Nothing radiacal on display. Folks waiting for a ride..........all good.

Most alarming part of the demo was standing out side back at the expo tent, 1/4 mile or better from the airport, talking to a couple of cat engineers and listening to every sno bike fire up and loop out a mile or so and come back. The 4 stroke dirt bike sound was distinct and easily heard over the sno cross racing going on and the hundred or so mtn sleds buzzing around trying to impress each other. Cat guys were laughing.........its going to be a problem. They have had noise jambed up their fanny for the last 25 years. You can hear those bikes from anywhere in town.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Yah I've been a die hard 4 stroke guy for a long time but my CR500 is way quieter than my KTM 520, you just get used to how loud those 4 strokes are which is bad for everyone. I'm going to need to do something about the KTM for summer, now I see it's way too loud.

M5

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
agreed, a 2 stroke snow bike is much quiter. I might be going this way sooner than later. We need to keep this sport going, not shut it down with noise.

So, Alan - when will you guys be annoucing your 2016 kit? I know its not quite ready, but it looks bad when you promise a date and it comes and goes with no response.

Maybe a new thread with some info would be good?

T
Aug 12, 2008
Misery Bay, MI
Most motorcross bikes or in the KTM world the SX or XC models do not come with a forest service approved spark arrestor silencer from the factory. For most enduro races we have to change to an USFS approved silencer and meet decibel levels. FMF offers Q series silencers and I'm sure other companies do to. May just need to be some self education before someone does it for us.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
2.5" track, no limiter strap, new bump stops... Looks like no slide arm in the rear. That's is very surprising. Perhaps that's just on the SX kits though?

kylerf150

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2011
great falls mt
Here is what I could find on the 2016 so far.

Sx kit I see no third shock.
Whole different suspension design.
-no more timbersled t slider thingy.
Looks like they are using their 2.5" tapered track.

And looks like new lightened sprockets.

uploadfromtaptalk1426573892794.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426574024633.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426574177268.jpg

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
Flex arm, that is lockable. That's what the convex suspension means. I think track is still flat thank goodness. Very glad it is lockable, when I first read pivoting suspension I was about to have a heart attack, or go order a '15, but since it is lockable, can't go wrong there.

Premium Features