• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Contour does it again...again ;)

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Check out the new Contour+

Damn the progression this company has made in just the last few years is amazing. I know what I will be shooting with next season!

http://contour.com/camera/contour_plus

1.png

Should be seeing some sweet kill shots with the new Picatinny Mount...

picatinny_action.png

S

SuperBad

Banned
Oct 31, 2010
If I say that the GoPro has some cool features too are you going to defend the Contour and start a new thread?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
CRAP!
I just exchanged my defective ContourHD for a new one.
I would have happily upgraded if they had told me this was available !

Love the remove Microphone option!

But I sure wish there was a solution to the COLD BATTERY issues.
Wish there was a way to squeeze in a bigger battery or plug in an external battery pack that I could keep warm.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
If I say that the GoPro has some cool features too are you going to defend the Contour and start a new thread?

SuperBad equals SuperNutless.....:face-icon-small-dis

did you see the first thread or did MHA......?

List of Threads Viewed by : SuperBad
Thread Last Viewed
Anyone headed to the GO Expo in Sandy? 05-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Where Is Al Gore? 05-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Contour does it again...again ;) 05-17-2011, 08:33 PM
I noticed something this weekend 03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Pro vs Etec (part 2) 01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
etec is comming on after breakin...

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Reason: mod drove thread in different direction to suit personal agenda

That's just funny. I have no personal agenda. I was simply comparing and contrasting the options available for cameras.

170 degrees is cool, but none of the cameras offer 170 degrees POV for 1080P HD shooting. They only offer it for 720 or 960 depending on the camera.

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
ATC9K

This little gen isn't bad either and not so much money. The only feature it does not have is bluetooth, but that's not needed because this has a viewfinder on the back and you can even check out the filming you already have done and then make adjustments. If I remember though the FOV is only 135 i'm thinking. I just started using it this last month,,so havent got it dialed in yet.
http://us.oregonscientific.com/cat-Bundles-sub-Outdoor-prod-ATC9K-with-GPS-Module.html

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
No, what is funny is you were called out for exactly this. But I can see how you have no agenda......

MileHighAssassin has no agenda....... OK. :face-icon-small-dis

I posted that because I have seen group buys for that price. I have no agenda. I don't work for either company. I don't care what you buy, but why not get a deal?

In the original thread I made a comment that I thought the $500 price point was a little steep for features that you probably won't use. I also commented that the Contour still lacks a waterproof case, which costs another $60. I then trying to be helpful did a price comparison of all the major cameras.

I am not pushing the thread in any direction. To think you are going to bring up one camera without someone bringing up the other options is silly. It has already happened on this thread. That's like talking about the pro rmk and expecting that an etech or cat won't be brought up.

Carry on, let's hear how these new features are worth an extra $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
ALL FUTURE COMPARISONS OF SLEDS, CAMERAS, PANTS, RUNNING BOARDS, TURBO KITS, OR SOCKS WILL BE CAUSE FOR IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION.

THIS KIND OF THING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

mountainsrx144... you're first bud... you're OUTTA here!

btw, the ONE feature I'd like to see from any of these companies is some kind of adjustable zoom. 170 is obnoxiously wide for anything that's not right in front of you. if you're filming someone 20 feet in front of you, they're going to be tiny in the field of view. (at 20 feet you've got a ~38' field of view...)

I know people who have put different "lenses" on the gopro somehow, I wish that was a simpler things to do. The contour is pretty sweet in it's size & I love the bluetooth thing... great idea.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
MHA
For something that your not interested in...you keep showing alot of interest.

Apparently even brought out your alter to fight the good fight?

Good luck on your group buy of Gopros I am sure you will be perfectly happy with the results.

This product peaked my interest.....and I thought I would share with others. I have been happy with the previous contour equipment that I have used...and will be happy to use the new model. Can't wait to take full advantage of the new features in the movie making process.

FYI....its snowing outside:face-icon-small-coo

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
I like my Contour mainly for the fact that it is so easy to use and does produce such good quality vids. The best features are the distinct beep tones for the function modes, the big a$$ easy to use switch and the fact that the battery will work in the cold weather !!! How cold of temps do you ride in Christopher ??? >>>>.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
btw, the ONE feature I'd like to see from any of these companies is some kind of adjustable zoom. 170 is obnoxiously wide for anything that's not right in front of you. if you're filming someone 20 feet in front of you, they're going to be tiny in the field of view. (at 20 feet you've got a ~38' field of view...).

Considering they make a little lens kit
lens_kit_product.png

It wouldn't seem to great a stretch to think they could offer a couple different lenes..

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
MHA
For something that your not interested in...you keep showing alot of interest.

Apparently even brought out your alter to fight the good fight?

I have no alter. What is the point? I think I am fairly outspoken, why use an alter.

For the record I like the contour. My riding buddy and brother both use them. Although my brother has had some issues.
The video is great. I like the laser aiming feature.

Kaleb, tudizzle is the one that deleted his own thread. He didn't like the comparison being made. He wants just contour talk. Please keep it on topic. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Awesome product! The originals were sweet but with the addition of Bluetooth this makes it perfect for sleddin. I have a GoPro now and it does okay! How is the battery life of the Contour doing for peeps that are using them?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
For me I like the narrower 135 vs 170 on the contour. The 170 just distorts the edges to much. Interchangeable lens would be cool.

Premium Features