• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

colored tracks?

I was talking with my buddies yesterday and we were saying that almost everything on a snowmobile can be customized wether it be powder coating, anodizing, or just straight up painting. everything besides the track. and i understand that if you tried to do any of these things to a track the paint would come off 1 minute down the trail. But has anyone ever seen soemone color a track? im not sure how they make tracks but i would guess they have molds and things of that nature, so couldnt they add a coloring of some sort to the mold? i honestly dont have a clue just guessing. I was just thinking it would be a really cool thing to have for the jumpers/freestyle because there always in the air and they would have a cool looking color track in there photo. so does anyone know if this has been done before or if it is even possible?

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
Yeh, it's already been done.. saw some red tracks on some Pro-x's back in the old 2SCS videos in the late 90's as with the green tracks on Blair Morgans Arcitc Cat.

Just like the colored ATV tires.. it never took off. Some ideas just weren't meant to be..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here is a Green Track

thumb_47992.jpg

Premium Features