• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

~~The Official Phazer Thread~~

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
Post up your common issues, tips, fixes, ideas, performance mods, and anything else 4-stroke Phazer related in here.

:beer;

snow_phazermtx.jpg

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
exhaust and playing with the fuel mapping is cheap and easy. built my own exhaust using a carbon fibre MIG muffler from an rx1 kit, took my phazer into the dealer and using this analyzer dealy thinger we cleaned up the mapping to work with the exhaust. at the time my exhaust was lighter than anything else on the market so i got some wicked weight savings and yet it was super cheap. Another great and cheap addition i did for mine was 06 apex bars, they are a tad taller and have the hooks. would still have my phazer today if i could of pushed 180-200hp reliably out of it, fun sled. also I have another MIG CF muffler that i can build for another phazer or nytro. the entire exhaust for phazer from motor to muffler was stupid light,

Cheers
Spenser

DSC01249.jpg DSC01250.jpg DSC01251.jpg

N
Jan 11, 2008
Cherhill AB
Wife likes her '08 MTX, other than the color, ski's and lack of power.
Future plans are for a 2.5-3" camo, gen II's, splash of color and some extra intake pressure. I can see me leaving the Nytro in the trailer to ride with the stock 800 sleds when snows set up, oh and need rear skid spring upgrades!!

D
Nov 30, 2007
I bought the wife an 08 MTX last year, I want to change the gearing to give it some more snap, can I change the top gear by 1 tooth and not worry about the chain? And what about plugging the hole under the seat? I know Yamaha has a kit for that but they want about 200 here!!

B

bullfrog123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2008
Ashton, Idaho
Hello just picked up my 13 year old son a 07 phazer mtn and I see it will need a skid plate. I put a yamaha one on my apex any suggestions for his phazer? I see there is a skinz one available any info much appreciated.

get the Skinz one, it's bigger and gives more "float" than the Yammi one. I have one of each on my daughters Phazers.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I bought the wife an 08 MTX last year, I want to change the gearing to give it some more snap, can I change the top gear by 1 tooth and not worry about the chain? And what about plugging the hole under the seat? I know Yamaha has a kit for that but they want about 200 here!!

That yamaha tunnel plate is a joke i just measured out the hole and got a chunk of aluminum from local metal shop. Cost me a whopping 17 bucks cdn for metal and rivets.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
skinz dealer in canada that i know is larry @trax 2 Treadz. great guy and really goes the extra mile to make sure your happy.

B

bullfrog123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2008
Ashton, Idaho
That yamaha tunnel plate is a joke i just measured out the hole and got a chunk of aluminum from local metal shop. Cost me a whopping 17 bucks cdn for metal and rivets.

Any problems with heat warping the plastics or seat yet, without the additional shielding that the Yammy kit has with it??? Thanks.:beer;:beer;

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Pondering a 2010 Phaser MTX for my wife to ride. Concerned on the small HP though! She's a tiny lil thing so want a light weight sled she can throw around.

What is the wet weight on this sled?
I know msrp....what are these selling for on the street?
any inexpensive HP add ons to help?

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
Ya know if it is getting to hot you can take a turbo wrap (plyable heat shield).
You don't wrap the muffler you lay it on the unwrapped. Ya know unfold it. And take some steel bands and clamp it down

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Any problems with heat warping the plastics or seat yet, without the additional shielding that the Yammy kit has with it??? Thanks.:beer;:beer;

I had my exhaust in before i put the plate in. but with stock exhaust i was doing powder turns and the plastic pushed against muffler and melted it. i never had any problems afterwards. but my muffler temps were much lower with the new exhaust and it never got nearly hot enough to melt or warp anything. but if ur running stock exhaust maybe drill some holes.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
Pondering a 2010 Phaser MTX for my wife to ride. Concerned on the small HP though! She's a tiny lil thing so want a light weight sled she can throw around.

What is the wet weight on this sled?
I know msrp....what are these selling for on the street?
any inexpensive HP add ons to help?

I got my wife a 07 Phazer MTN.

She likes it alot, but she basicly rides the trail to where ever I go. She plays a little off trail but mostly sitting down and no carving or anything. The Phazer tips up very easy, when I ride it its hard to keep both skis on the snow at the same time.
She LOVES the quiet, non smelly, electric start, multi-level handwarmers, and tall windshield of the 4 stroke phazer. And hey, if she's happy, I'm still riding :D

BTW we picked hers up for $4000 last season and that was a good price for sure.

Premium Features