• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 M1000 - 3 post or 4 post primary???

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
I know that this topic has probably been beat to death on here but I have been searching past threads and can't come up with a straight answer.

So... which one is the one to run?? The stock 4 post or a 3 post?? Why??

My setup is: RK Tek head and porting, Speedwerx pipe, HPS can, RK Tek secondary kit, Boondocker box.

Thanks in advance,
Boone

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Heres the skinny. Turbos run better with the 4 post because you have 1 more post hucking weight. The 3 post is better for most guys. If you want to run a 4 post you need a billet spider and they will last. The stock spider is good for 1200 miles at best and will fail. Arctic Cat no longer makes parts for the 4 post.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Craig Colorado
Heres the skinny. Turbos run better with the 4 post because you have 1 more post hucking weight. The 3 post is better for most guys. If you want to run a 4 post you need a billet spider and they will last. The stock spider is good for 1200 miles at best and will fail. Arctic Cat no longer makes parts for the 4 post.

4000 miles and still going. Must be all those easy miles.

Premium Features