• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Elk Hunters Out There?

Fast Rider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
I wanted to reach out to my fellow riders to see if anyone is willing to provide some info on the local elk hunting. I'm new to the area, and due to the proximity of the archery season, I'm hoping a few of you might be able to assist and save me a little time on my homework. I'm not asking for your secret spots or honey holes as I do enjoy a hunt and find that to be a big part of the reward.

I strive to keep wild game in the freezer for my wife and I as our primary means of organic lean protein. I'm not a trophy hunter and my first years hunting an area are strictly focused on filling my tag. I'll be hunting solo.

I'm currently looking at the Bumping and Nile Units coming in off of the Hwy 410 side (I live in Bonney Lake but plan to tent camp somewhere up there). Although I'm open to any suggestions if the odds are strong. I know that these are cow/spike only units but I don't have much for expectations. I'm hoping to have some fun chasing some bugling bulls and maybe run into something legal along the way. Does anyone have any insight on these units? Places to start scouting? Or if you know the units well I'll be happy to sit down and buy you a beer. Any info is much appreciated! Feel free to pm if you don't want to post here.

Premium Features