• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

He's back!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It will be interesting to see who the opponent will be.
Would really enjoy seeing a fight with Mir.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
LootermansTravels.jpg

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Would really enjoy seeing a fight with Mir.

I guess we'll have to be happy with him fighting the guy who kicked Mir's azz.
Close enough!

Experts not giving Brock good odds.
I'm not an expert, so I will still pull for him to upset Hunt.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I KNEW you'd bring this thread back to the top tonight.

That was a good fight. He did look pretty sloppy on his feet. There was no doubt he wanted that fight on the ground the whole time.

So Dana White said this was a one time deal.
He's huge ppv draw.

Now that he's won, we'll see how "one time deal" this really was.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I think it will depend upon how much latitude the McMahons give him.
I think a Carwin/Lesnar fight would be a huge draw!

I think this should finally put an end to Frank Mir's little dream of fighting Brock again.
Lightning struck once when he beat an unexperienced Lesnar. He's not worthy of carrying water for Brock now.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I think it will depend upon how much latitude the McMahons give him.
I think a Carwin/Lesnar fight would be a huge draw!

I think this should finally put an end to Frank Mir's little dream of fighting Brock again.
Lightning struck once when he beat an unexperienced Lesnar. He's not worthy of carrying water for Brock now.

I took heat for sharing my thoughts about Mir a couple years ago.
Still think he's a lame turd.

Carwin who? Nah.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
I KNEW you'd bring this thread back to the top tonight.

That was a good fight. He did look pretty sloppy on his feet. There was no doubt he wanted that fight on the ground the whole time.

So Dana White said this was a one time deal.
He's huge ppv draw.

Now that he's won, we'll see how "one time deal" this really was.

After failing both an out of competition PED test, as well as an in competition PED test, and facing a two year suspension...... at this point "one time deal" is looking pretty safe!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
After failing both an out of competition PED test, as well as an in competition PED test, and facing a two year suspension...... at this point "one time deal" is looking pretty safe!

Suddenly the conversion had now changed again, huh.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It is certainly disappointing news to read.
With multiple athletes getting busted for crossing the line, I wonder if the nutritionists have a clear understanding as to exactly where the line lies?

Clearly Jon Jones & Brock Lesnar knew full well they would be being tested.
This makes me wonder if they were under the impression that these supplements were legal in the pro sports world?

As we age we all produce less testosterone, and marketing low T supplements is a multi billion dollar industry.
If male athletes want to compete in their late 30's & into their 40's they need to maintain T. If this cannot be done legally we'll have to accept the fact that these guys are done at mid 30's.

Clearly Brock didn't need a competitive edge to beat Hunt, so you have to wonder where the knowledge of legality or illegality was.
That been said, ignorance of the legality isn't a defense, so yes it's very disappointing.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
After the hollow drug testing policy the UFC used to have and blatent abuse of TRT exceptions, the UFC brought in USADA to clean the sport up. Every fighter knew the changes were coming, and the penalties associated with a failed test. The athletes and nutritionist 100% know where the line is. Its not a grey area. If its found in your system then you are busted. The USADA banned substance list is given to them. The UFC has staff available to consult fighters on if a supplement may get them popped.

Both Jones and Lesnar got popped for anti-estrogen drugs. The ONLY reason people take them is for after a cycle of steroids to get their natural testosterone production to restart. They knew full well why they were taking them, what they were taking, and if it would get them banned or not. Just like they knew the steroids they were taking prior would get them banned.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I personally dont care either way if they are juiced to the gills or not, I am not the moral police and PED use in all sports is RAMPANT. When you sign your contract with the UFC (or any employer), you are agreeing to abide by their rules. I have no sympathy for those caught. My problem is being lied to, them acting like they are the victim, and treating the fans like they are stupid.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hmm, Brock isn't sharp enough anymore.
(Yeah, I know, he won his last fight).
He's not fighting right now.
Not fighting = lack of competitive edge = downtime = regression
He's at the age where the effects of downtime are exponentially gaining momentum on him.

Premium Features