• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wife wants a new Sled

Joks79

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
MN. 10 minutes from Canada!
My wife wants a new sled. Last weekend she rode a Pro Assault at the Divias Clinic and loved it. She is between the SKS And a M8000. I'm not interested in people bashing either sled. I'm looking for ladies opinions who have rode both sled. I want to give her the best sled to hep her grow what she learned at the Clinic.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
anyway for her to ride each for a day? she will have the answer by the end of the second day.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Mine had an M8 and now a pro 600. She says no going back to that. Much happier on the pro. Not really an aggressive type rider. Just likes to get out and enjoy the day but will go where the group goes and play around.

Sent from my telephone

Joks79

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
MN. 10 minutes from Canada!
anyway for her to ride each for a day? she will have the answer by the end of the second day.

She can ride an M, but not a SKS. No one near us has one that I have found.

Mine had an M8 and now a pro 600. She says no going back to that. Much happier on the pro. Not really an aggressive type rider. Just likes to get out and enjoy the day but will go where the group goes and play around.

Sent from my telephone

Sounds like my wife. thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
She can ride an M, but not a SKS. No one near us has one that I have found.

Sounds like my wife. thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

With that said....I've got a 14 Proclimb, and she doesn't like it either.

Sent from my telephone

W

Wowmom

Feb 10, 2013
Texas
Both are great sleds each having unique advantages over the other. We have a SummitX, a RMK & a M8000 in our trailer. I went from Doo to a new cat this year. Cat has a stronger pulling motor (in my opinion) and the new front end is a game changer. I rode Doo's for several years and had no plans of changing brands until I demo'd the cat last spring. My daughter rides the Polaris and loves it. I ride it some, but have never felt very comfortable on it.

In my humble opinion, all three big manufactures have great sleds you really can't make a bad choice, seat time is the only way to say which is better for her and that is 100% personal preference. Having a dealer you can depend on for service should weigh into the decision process. After she decides give her some $ to make it hers, we :heart: a pretty sled!

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
If you can't find an SKS to demo, find a Pro to demo. Same width front end (narrower than Assault) and will ride almost identical to SKS-- most riders won't notice the difference of the front cooler and chaincase.

If she likes the Pro, she will like the SKS.

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I have found that the lighter, the easier it is for me to handle. I started out on a HUGE Mountain Cat and loved it when I was a newbie! But now the PRO has been a game changer for me, especially upgrading to the Pro AXYS 800. When they say you look somewhere and that is where it goes, that is not an understatement. This is by far the easiest sled I have ever ridden. I have heard the AXYS 600's are great machines as well.

I have stuck with the 155 track. I demoed a 163, but I didn't care for it as much as the shorter track. I know LOTS of woman prefer the longer track.

Get out there and demo as many as she can. Her opinion will differ from all of ours! :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features