• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

throttle block swap

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I did the powermadd swap and it worked out excellent. and yes you still use the stock lever. get rid of that ugly and clunky stock throttle block!!

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
To be clear, that's an old Z/ZR Sno Pro block, not a M-series Sno Pro block. As far as I've seen, M-series use the same throttle block, sno pro or not.

I like the throttle block on my '09... What's the reason to change it on your sled?

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
To be clear, that's an old Z/ZR Sno Pro block, not a M-series Sno Pro block. As far as I've seen, M-series use the same throttle block, sno pro or not.

I like the throttle block on my '09... What's the reason to change it on your sled?

Its actually the throttle block they use on the 600 Sno Pro race sled...They use it still today...

http://www.alpha-sports.com/arctic_cat_parts.htm

As far as why to use it, I like the feel of it better than the standard throttle block and adjustability is unlimited as far as placement.

S
Sep 23, 2012
Phizzer, were you able to keep the same throttle cable with the race sled block? My sled is an 09. I like the looks of that race sled block but don't want to do it if I have to buys a bunch of parts. How about the stock thumb lever, will that work or do you need the race sled lever and mounting bolt. It looks like it is a bolt rather than a pin and clip like stock M8. Thanks

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
The stock cable works fine. There's a circlip that holds it from backing out. I bought the entire assembly, flipper, bolt, bushings etc. I might have a extra flipper laying around somewhere, I'll have to look. If I do, you can have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features