• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

throttle position sensor???

O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
07 apex mtn. last ride of the year last year had the tps go bad and replaced under warrantie. 165 miles so far this year and it took a poop again. its coverered under warrantie but 100 plus for a tps to carry with me is steep. is this a common problem with these? anyone have a cheaper source for one or different make?did some research and its the same sensor on all yamaha efi units everything.. the sportbike guys have had a few go bad as well.gotta be a cure for this?? :mad::mad:

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
I know the 06's were going down with a slight sign of moisture, every person i know that used dielectric grease has yet to have a failure. This may or may not be there cure, but it's worked for all my crew to date.

O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
I dilectric greased the second one ill do the same on the 3rd and try to cover it up some to keep snow off it. not protected at all on the mpi setup i have.worth a shot! anyone come up with an alternative tps sensor that will work on this???

Last edited:
Premium Features